This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: The Platinum Card® from American Express
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders, like 20,000 Membership Rewards for spending $1,000+ with Air France, $60 back when spending $200+ at Hyatt and 20,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000+ with ANA.
Today, a valuable new Amex Offer just posted to certain Amex accounts: 4,000 Amex Membership Rewards points when you spend at least $200 with JetBlue:
Found a great JetBlue flight deal? Good news, you don’t have to spend the $200 all in one transaction. All of your JetBlue purchases from enrollment through June 30th will be considered for this offer. If you’re a big spender, unfortunately, you’ll only get the 4,000 Membership Rewards bonus once per eligible card.
Eligible transactions only include “airline tickets purchased directly from JetBlue via jetblue.com, mobile app, by phone or in-person.” So, booking through an online travel agency — such as Orbitz, Expedia or even the Amex Travel portal — won’t qualify. Thankfully, Platinum Card from American Express cardholders will earn 5x Membership Rewards points for these flights, as the purchase will be made directly with the airline.
While only “airline tickets” are listed as eligible purchases, the fine print notes that “Optional purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees, travel insurance, and pet fees are included if purchased at time of booking.” Also, the terms mention that you might have to wait up to 90 days after June 30 for the bonus Membership Rewards to be added to your account. However, these types of bonuses typically post within a few weeks of purchase.
How much are 4,000 Membership Reward points worth? TPG values them at 2.0 cents apiece, which means that this offer is worth about $80 — which is 40% back if you spend exactly $200. Using our tips, you might be able to get even more value out of these points.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
Not interested in this offer? There are a slew of other travel-related Amex Offers currently available:
- Hilton Gift Card: Spend $75, get $5 back
- Embassy Suites & Homewood Suites: Spend $225 or more, get $45 back
- Hampton by Hilton & Hilton Garden Inn: Spend $175 or more, get $35 back
- The Breakers Palm Beach: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
- HotelStorm.com/Amex: Spend $200 or more, get $50 back
- MGM Resorts Intl — Las Vegas: Spend $300 or more, get $60 back
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
Were you targeted for this offer?
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees