This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders, like 20,000 Membership Rewards for spending $1,000+ with Air France, $60 back when spending $200+ at Hyatt and 20,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000+ with ANA.
Today, a valuable new Amex Offer just posted to certain Amex accounts: 4,000 Amex Membership Rewards points when you spend at least $200 with JetBlue:
Found a great JetBlue flight deal? Good news, you don’t have to spend the $200 all in one transaction. All of your JetBlue purchases from enrollment through June 30th will be considered for this offer. If you’re a big spender, unfortunately, you’ll only get the 4,000 Membership Rewards bonus once per eligible card.
Eligible transactions only include “airline tickets purchased directly from JetBlue via jetblue.com, mobile app, by phone or in-person.” So, booking through an online travel agency — such as Orbitz, Expedia or even the Amex Travel portal — won’t qualify. Thankfully, Platinum Card from American Express cardholders will earn 5x Membership Rewards points for these flights, as the purchase will be made directly with the airline.
While only “airline tickets” are listed as eligible purchases, the fine print notes that “Optional purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees, travel insurance, and pet fees are included if purchased at time of booking.” Also, the terms mention that you might have to wait up to 90 days after June 30 for the bonus Membership Rewards to be added to your account. However, these types of bonuses typically post within a few weeks of purchase.
How much are 4,000 Membership Reward points worth? TPG values them at 2.0 cents apiece, which means that this offer is worth about $80 — which is 40% back if you spend exactly $200. Using our tips, you might be able to get even more value out of these points.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
Not interested in this offer? There are a slew of other travel-related Amex Offers currently available:
- Hilton Gift Card: Spend $75, get $5 back
- Embassy Suites & Homewood Suites: Spend $225 or more, get $45 back
- Hampton by Hilton & Hilton Garden Inn: Spend $175 or more, get $35 back
- The Breakers Palm Beach: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
- HotelStorm.com/Amex: Spend $200 or more, get $50 back
- MGM Resorts Intl — Las Vegas: Spend $300 or more, get $60 back
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
Were you targeted for this offer?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards