This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN, The Hyatt Credit Card, Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders. Among the many mediocre and decent offers, there will sometimes be a gem that we don’t want you to miss — like 20,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000 with ANA (still available through November 26), $200 cash back when spending $1,000 with Virgin Atlantic (still good through November 6) and many other travel offers.
A valuable new Amex Offer just posted to certain American Express accounts: Now through December 31, get $60 back when you spend $200 or more on a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort. In order to get this deal, you must add this Amex Offer to your account and book your stay through Hyatt’s website, app or phone reservation line. Unfortunately for world travelers, this Amex Offer is only good for stays at Hyatt properties in the US.
Hyatt Gold Passport members can make an upcoming stay even more lucrative by combining this offer with one of the many ongoing Hyatt promos:
- “More Points, More Play” promotion — now through November 30, 2016
- 500 points for booking through the Hyatt app — now through November 30, 2016
- 20% bonus points for Las Vegas hotels — now through December 29, 2016
There’s also the $50 back offer for spending $500 at US Hyatt Regency hotels and resorts on the Hyatt Credit Card now through the end of the year.
If you’re targeted for this Amex Offer, 30% back ($60 back on $200) certainly beats 10% back ($50 back on $500). But, why not do both?
While some Amex Offers allow multiple transactions to be combined toward a spending requirement, the terms and conditions make it seem that at least $200 must be spent on one qualifying stay to count toward the offer.
There’s some important restrictions to keep in mind when taking advantage of this offer:
- Excludes Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Vacation Club, Hyatt Travel, Hyatt Vacations and Hyatt at Home.
- Excludes purchases of Gold Passport rewards points.
- Excludes physical gift and e-gift card purchases.
If you’re traveling for business and hoping to get this hotel stay reimbursed, don’t worry: You’ll see this $60 cash back as a statement credit. Your statement will still show the full amount of the hotel stay for reimbursement purposes.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
We checked with the team and found that the following cards have this Amex Offer:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- American Express Green Card
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card from American Express
Not surprisingly, hotel co-branded cards like Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express weren’t targeted for this Hyatt offer. Perhaps more surprisingly, it doesn’t seem that business cards such as the Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN were targeted either.
Which of your Amex cards were targeted for this offer?
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Featured image courtesy of Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami.
- Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 14.49% to 25.49%.
- $0 balance transfer fee. Balance transfers must be requested within 60 days from account opening.
- 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases.
- Use your Card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits.
- Over 1.5 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017.
- No annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees