Kenny G Just Gave One Lucky Delta Flight a Private Concert
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kenny G, purveyor of smooth jazz that you’ve definitely heard playing in a department store elevator or at your doctor’s office, recently surprised a flight full of Delta passengers with an impromptu in-flight sax show.
According to GQ, the musician was seated next to an off-duty flight attendant who had lost a child to cancer and was raising money for Relay for Life. To help her up the donation ante, the Grammy Award-winning artist agreed that if passengers on the plane could help her raise $1,000 or more, he’d give them all a special in-flight performance. Perhaps there were a lot of easy listeners on board because the goal was soon surpassed by another $1,000 and, as promised, Kenny G unleashed the full power of his saxophone for the crowd, whether they liked it or not — it was an early-morning flight from Tampa (TPA) to Los Angeles (LAX), so you know some of those passengers got a memorable wake-up call!
Whether or not you’re a Kenny G fan, you have to give the long haired saxophonist some brownie points for raising $2,000 for such a venerable charity, which is something we can definitely get behind. Check out the video below to see how it all played out.
Featured image courtesy of Taylor Hill via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees