Kenny G Just Gave One Lucky Delta Flight a Private Concert
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kenny G, purveyor of smooth jazz that you’ve definitely heard playing in a department store elevator or at your doctor’s office, recently surprised a flight full of Delta passengers with an impromptu in-flight sax show.
According to GQ, the musician was seated next to an off-duty flight attendant who had lost a child to cancer and was raising money for Relay for Life. To help her up the donation ante, the Grammy Award-winning artist agreed that if passengers on the plane could help her raise $1,000 or more, he’d give them all a special in-flight performance. Perhaps there were a lot of easy listeners on board because the goal was soon surpassed by another $1,000 and, as promised, Kenny G unleashed the full power of his saxophone for the crowd, whether they liked it or not — it was an early-morning flight from Tampa (TPA) to Los Angeles (LAX), so you know some of those passengers got a memorable wake-up call!
Whether or not you’re a Kenny G fan, you have to give the long haired saxophonist some brownie points for raising $2,000 for such a venerable charity, which is something we can definitely get behind. Check out the video below to see how it all played out.
Featured image courtesy of Taylor Hill via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.