Starting Today: 500 Million IHG Points Available From 0.58 Cents per Point
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The 2017 version of the U.S. Travel Association’s Daily Getaways deals kicked off Monday with a bang. The 2,000 Alamo vouchers on offer flew off the shelves in about half an hour — serving as another reminder that these Daily Getaways can be very popular.
Today’s deal isn’t likely to sell out as quickly. There are 7,405 IHG points packages available — with a whopping 500,000,000 total IHG points up for grabs. If past years’ offers are any indication, some of the larger packages will still be available days later.
Today’s Deal: Packages of IHG points costing between 0.58-0.60 cents per point
Deals available: 7,405 total
Maximum Quantity per Purchase: 3-5 packages per offer / 24 total packages
Timing: The deal goes live at 1pm ET today
Expiration Date: IHG points will be subject to IHG’s expiration policy — which requires some earn or redeem activity within 12 months to keep points active.
- 8,500 points for $49 (0.576 cents per point)
- 15,000 points for $89 (0.593 cents per point)
- 25,000 points for $149 (0.596 cents per point)
- 50,000 points for $299 (0.598 cents per point)
- 100,000 points for $589 (0.589 cents per point)
- 130,000 points for $749 (0.576 cents per point)
Limitations: You must be an IHG Rewards Club member to purchase this offer and redeem the points. No more than three to five packages (depending on the package) of points purchased through this offer are allowed per loyalty number. A maximum of 24 packages of points is allowed per loyalty number across all IHG offers. Once you make the purchase, the points are supposed to be available in your IHG account within ten business days.
Game plan: Make sure to have your IHG Rewards Club number ready, as you’ll have to provide this at purchase. If you’re looking to scoop up one of the smaller packages, you should make sure to be on the deal page when it goes live around 1pm ET. The 100,000- and 130,000-point packages will likely be around for a while.
The smallest package is a great way to extend the life of your points at a reasonable rate. Alternatively, you can buy 1,000 points for $13.50 through Points.com — a cheaper price but a purchase rate more than double the Daily Getaways offer.
TPG values IHG points at 0.7 cents apiece, so this opportunity to buy points as low as 0.576 cents per point provides the opportunity to buy at a 28% discount to our valuation.
Featured image courtesy of InterContinental Maracaibo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees