Starting Today: 500 Million IHG Points Available From 0.58 Cents per Point
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The 2017 version of the U.S. Travel Association’s Daily Getaways deals kicked off Monday with a bang. The 2,000 Alamo vouchers on offer flew off the shelves in about half an hour — serving as another reminder that these Daily Getaways can be very popular.
Today’s deal isn’t likely to sell out as quickly. There are 7,405 IHG points packages available — with a whopping 500,000,000 total IHG points up for grabs. If past years’ offers are any indication, some of the larger packages will still be available days later.
Today’s Deal: Packages of IHG points costing between 0.58-0.60 cents per point
Deals available: 7,405 total
Maximum Quantity per Purchase: 3-5 packages per offer / 24 total packages
Timing: The deal goes live at 1pm ET today
Expiration Date: IHG points will be subject to IHG’s expiration policy — which requires some earn or redeem activity within 12 months to keep points active.
- 8,500 points for $49 (0.576 cents per point)
- 15,000 points for $89 (0.593 cents per point)
- 25,000 points for $149 (0.596 cents per point)
- 50,000 points for $299 (0.598 cents per point)
- 100,000 points for $589 (0.589 cents per point)
- 130,000 points for $749 (0.576 cents per point)
Limitations: You must be an IHG Rewards Club member to purchase this offer and redeem the points. No more than three to five packages (depending on the package) of points purchased through this offer are allowed per loyalty number. A maximum of 24 packages of points is allowed per loyalty number across all IHG offers. Once you make the purchase, the points are supposed to be available in your IHG account within ten business days.
Game plan: Make sure to have your IHG Rewards Club number ready, as you’ll have to provide this at purchase. If you’re looking to scoop up one of the smaller packages, you should make sure to be on the deal page when it goes live around 1pm ET. The 100,000- and 130,000-point packages will likely be around for a while.
The smallest package is a great way to extend the life of your points at a reasonable rate. Alternatively, you can buy 1,000 points for $13.50 through Points.com — a cheaper price but a purchase rate more than double the Daily Getaways offer.
TPG values IHG points at 0.7 cents apiece, so this opportunity to buy points as low as 0.576 cents per point provides the opportunity to buy at a 28% discount to our valuation.
Featured image courtesy of InterContinental Maracaibo.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.