Tip: Check Visa and Passport Requirements Before Traveling Abroad
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This one may seem obvious, but it’s extremely important to check your documents to make sure you can actually take that trip you’ve planned for months. That’s not just limited to checking if the country you’re visiting requires a visa. Some countries also have rules that won’t let you enter if your passport is expiring in less than three or six months, or if you don’t have enough blank pages in your passport. Whereas some countries may be more relaxed than others, your best bet is to make sure your passport adheres to the country’s rules before leaving home.
On your next trip, make sure to check visa and passport requirements for your destination well in advance of your travels, giving you enough time to get a new passport or source a visa, if necessary. Remember, requirements can change at any time, so stay informed. If you’re in a bind, Allied Passport could help. Mention The Points Guy on your order form to get a $5 discount just for TPG readers.
Featured image courtesy of Kritchanut via Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees