This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This one may seem obvious, but it’s extremely important to check your documents to make sure you can actually take that trip you’ve planned for months. That’s not just limited to checking if the country you’re visiting requires a visa. Some countries also have rules that won’t let you enter if your passport is expiring in less than three or six months, or if you don’t have enough blank pages in your passport. Whereas some countries may be more relaxed than others, your best bet is to make sure your passport adheres to the country’s rules before leaving home.
On your next trip, make sure to check visa and passport requirements for your destination well in advance of your travels, giving you enough time to get a new passport or source a visa, if necessary. Remember, requirements can change at any time, so stay informed. If you’re in a bind, Allied Passport could help. Mention The Points Guy on your order form to get a $5 discount just for TPG readers.
Featured image courtesy of Kritchanut via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees