Tip: Check Visa and Passport Requirements Before Traveling Abroad
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This one may seem obvious, but it’s extremely important to check your documents to make sure you can actually take that trip you’ve planned for months. That’s not just limited to checking if the country you’re visiting requires a visa. Some countries also have rules that won’t let you enter if your passport is expiring in less than three or six months, or if you don’t have enough blank pages in your passport. Whereas some countries may be more relaxed than others, your best bet is to make sure your passport adheres to the country’s rules before leaving home.
On your next trip, make sure to check visa and passport requirements for your destination well in advance of your travels, giving you enough time to get a new passport or source a visa, if necessary. Remember, requirements can change at any time, so stay informed. If you’re in a bind, Allied Passport could help. Mention The Points Guy on your order form to get a $5 discount just for TPG readers.
Featured image courtesy of Kritchanut via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.