Tip: Use Allied Passport to Help Secure Travel Visas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China has no shortage of things to see and do. From visiting the Great Wall near Beijing and the Terracotta Army in Xi’an to eating wonderful Chinese food in a chic Shanghai cafe or relaxing on a beach in suddenly trendy Sanya, there are countless reasons to visit the country. If you’re a US citizen, you need to secure a visa before you go — whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure.
The easiest way to get a visa to visit China (or other countries that require a visa) is to use Allied Passport. You’ll need to make sure you complete several steps (outlined below) before you can send your materials off to Allied to begin processing:
- One completed China visa application (PDF)
- One professionally printed passport photo on hard stock glossy paper with a pure white background
- Passport valid for six months beyond trip completion and side-by-side blank visa pages
- One flight itinerary with passenger name listed on reservation (required, but does not have to be a purchased ticket or confirmed reservation — unbooked itineraries are acceptable)
- One Allied Passport & Visa order form (save to your desktop before typing)
Once you’ve gathered all the above materials, send them via FedEx to Allied’s office at the following address:
1 Saint Matthews Court NW
Washington, DC 20036
You’ll have to pay the Chinese embassy fees (which vary according to how quickly you need your visa), Allied’s processing fee (which also varies according to date needed) and the return shipping costs, all of which can be found on Allied’s site. I used Allied’s services on a recent trip to China to review Xiamen Air’s 787 Dreamliner, and it took all the guesswork out of the process and saved me from spending hours in the Chinese consulate to apply in-person.
If you’re traveling to China soon (or to another nation that requires a visa for US passport holders), you should certainly consider using Allied Passport & Visa to help with the process. Mention The Points Guy on your order form to get a $5 discount just for TPG readers.
Featured image of Beijing courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.