Tip: Use Allied Passport to Help Secure Travel Visas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
China has no shortage of things to see and do. From visiting the Great Wall near Beijing and the Terracotta Army in Xi’an to eating wonderful Chinese food in a chic Shanghai cafe or relaxing on a beach in suddenly trendy Sanya, there are countless reasons to visit the country. If you’re a US citizen, you need to secure a visa before you go — whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure.
The easiest way to get a visa to visit China (or other countries that require a visa) is to use Allied Passport. You’ll need to make sure you complete several steps (outlined below) before you can send your materials off to Allied to begin processing:
- One completed China visa application (PDF)
- One professionally printed passport photo on hard stock glossy paper with a pure white background
- Passport valid for six months beyond trip completion and side-by-side blank visa pages
- One flight itinerary with passenger name listed on reservation (required, but does not have to be a purchased ticket or confirmed reservation — unbooked itineraries are acceptable)
- One Allied Passport & Visa order form (save to your desktop before typing)
Once you’ve gathered all the above materials, send them via FedEx to Allied’s office at the following address:
1 Saint Matthews Court NW
Washington, DC 20036
You’ll have to pay the Chinese embassy fees (which vary according to how quickly you need your visa), Allied’s processing fee (which also varies according to date needed) and the return shipping costs, all of which can be found on Allied’s site. I used Allied’s services on a recent trip to China to review Xiamen Air’s 787 Dreamliner, and it took all the guesswork out of the process and saved me from spending hours in the Chinese consulate to apply in-person.
If you’re traveling to China soon (or to another nation that requires a visa for US passport holders), you should certainly consider using Allied Passport & Visa to help with the process. Mention The Points Guy on your order form to get a $5 discount just for TPG readers.
Featured image of Beijing courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees