Score a Free Drink Today If You’re Flying With Southwest
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re flying with Southwest today (and you’re over 21 years old), the luck of the Irish is with you. Today the carrier is giving its passengers free drinks to honor St. Patrick’s Day. Of course, passengers must be of age in order to indulge, but that’s about as far as the restrictions go.
— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) March 17, 2017
In addition to this St. Patrick’s drink, the carrier also offers free drinks on select other holidays throughout the year. Here’s a complete list of the free drink days on Southwest’s holiday schedule:
New Year’s Day — January 1
Valentine’s Day — February 14
St. Patrick’s Day — March 17
Southwest’s Birthday — June 18
Father’s Day — June 18, 2017 (note that this is the same date as Southwest’s birthday this year)
Independence Day — July 4
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card’s Anniversary — September 20
Halloween — October 31
Thanksgiving — November 23, 2017
Happy flying today, Southwest travelers!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.