Score a Free Drink Today If You’re Flying With Southwest
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re flying with Southwest today (and you’re over 21 years old), the luck of the Irish is with you. Today the carrier is giving its passengers free drinks to honor St. Patrick’s Day. Of course, passengers must be of age in order to indulge, but that’s about as far as the restrictions go.
— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) March 17, 2017
In addition to this St. Patrick’s drink, the carrier also offers free drinks on select other holidays throughout the year. Here’s a complete list of the free drink days on Southwest’s holiday schedule:
New Year’s Day — January 1
Valentine’s Day — February 14
St. Patrick’s Day — March 17
Southwest’s Birthday — June 18
Father’s Day — June 18, 2017 (note that this is the same date as Southwest’s birthday this year)
Independence Day — July 4
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card’s Anniversary — September 20
Halloween — October 31
Thanksgiving — November 23, 2017
Happy flying today, Southwest travelers!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees