This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re flying with Southwest today (and you’re over 21 years old), the luck of the Irish is with you. Today the carrier is giving its passengers free drinks to honor St. Patrick’s Day. Of course, passengers must be of age in order to indulge, but that’s about as far as the restrictions go.
— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) March 17, 2017
In addition to this St. Patrick’s drink, the carrier also offers free drinks on select other holidays throughout the year. Here’s a complete list of the free drink days on Southwest’s holiday schedule:
New Year’s Day — January 1
Valentine’s Day — February 14
St. Patrick’s Day — March 17
Southwest’s Birthday — June 18
Father’s Day — June 18, 2017 (note that this is the same date as Southwest’s birthday this year)
Independence Day — July 4
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card’s Anniversary — September 20
Halloween — October 31
Thanksgiving — November 23, 2017
Happy flying today, Southwest travelers!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees