Ski for Free at Several West Coast Resorts by Showing Your Alaska Airlines Boarding Pass
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As most snow sports enthusiasts know, hitting the slopes can be incredibly expensive, even if you are using points and miles to get and stay there. With the price of lift tickets steadily increasing, some resorts are now charging as much as $175 for a single-day pass. Thankfully, Alaska Airlines wants to make your next cold-weather vacation even better by offering complimentary lift tickets at several ski resorts through April 30.
Sound good? All you need to do is purchase an Alaska Airlines ticket arriving in one of the designated gateway airports, and upon arrival, present a valid same-day boarding pass and a matching photo ID. Participating ski resorts include Alyeska Resort, Big White Ski Resort, Crested Butte Resort, Mammoth Mountain, Mt. Bachelor, Red Mountain Resort, Schweitzer Mountain Resort, Snowbasin Resort, Squaw Valley / Alpine Meadows Resort, Steamboat Ski & Resort, Sun Valley Resort and Whitefish Mountain Resort.
This promotion has the potential to be quite valuable, especially for families and groups. In addition to complimentary first-day lift passes, some of the resorts are also offering additional incentives to Alaska flyers, like discounted multi-day passes, reduced prices on lessons or free skiing on your day of departure. Note that each ski resort has a slightly different procedure for picking up your free lift ticket; so check Alaska’s promo site first.
Featured image courtesy of PatrickO via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.