Ski for Free at Several West Coast Resorts by Showing Your Alaska Airlines Boarding Pass
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As most snow sports enthusiasts know, hitting the slopes can be incredibly expensive, even if you are using points and miles to get and stay there. With the price of lift tickets steadily increasing, some resorts are now charging as much as $175 for a single-day pass. Thankfully, Alaska Airlines wants to make your next cold-weather vacation even better by offering complimentary lift tickets at several ski resorts through April 30.
Sound good? All you need to do is purchase an Alaska Airlines ticket arriving in one of the designated gateway airports, and upon arrival, present a valid same-day boarding pass and a matching photo ID. Participating ski resorts include Alyeska Resort, Big White Ski Resort, Crested Butte Resort, Mammoth Mountain, Mt. Bachelor, Red Mountain Resort, Schweitzer Mountain Resort, Snowbasin Resort, Squaw Valley / Alpine Meadows Resort, Steamboat Ski & Resort, Sun Valley Resort and Whitefish Mountain Resort.
This promotion has the potential to be quite valuable, especially for families and groups. In addition to complimentary first-day lift passes, some of the resorts are also offering additional incentives to Alaska flyers, like discounted multi-day passes, reduced prices on lessons or free skiing on your day of departure. Note that each ski resort has a slightly different procedure for picking up your free lift ticket; so check Alaska’s promo site first.
Featured image courtesy of PatrickO via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.