This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Norwegian is currently offering cheap fares from Boston (BOS), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), Orlando (MCO) and Oakland (OAK) to Oslo (OSL) starting from just $243 round-trip. Flights are available for departures from March through May 2017 and late August through January 2018. Availability seems limited, so book now before these prices disappear.
Norwegian is a low-cost carrier and will charge you for extras like seat selection and large carry-ons. However, even with these extra fees, the total cost still allows plenty of room for saving. Norwegian flies its 787 Dreamliner on these routes, which has received solid reviews.
Don’t forget that you can find even cheaper fares by completing your booking on the Norwegian version of the website (select “Norway” as your country when you go to Norwegian.com). Prices will be displayed in the Norwegian Krone, but it’ll save you some cash — the Boston to Oslo flight costs $288 on the English version of the site, but only $243 (2,098 NOK) on the Norwegian version.
Route: BOS/FLL/JFK/LAX/MCO/OAK to OSL
Cost: $243+ round-trip in economy
Dates: March – May and Late August – January 2018
Booking Link: Norwegian, Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Oslo (OSL) for $243 round-trip in April:
New York (JFK) to Oslo (OSL) for $267 round-trip in October:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Oslo (OSL) for $278 round-trip in November:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Norway courtesy of Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees