Tip: Save Money by Booking Your Flight on the Foreign Version of a Carrier’s Website
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The only thing sweeter than finding a good deal on airfare is the possibility of it becoming an even better deal by saving you more money. If you’re flying on an international carrier or traveling to a destination abroad, there’s a chance you could be able to score a better deal by booking on the foreign version of the airline’s website. For example, low-cost carrier Norwegian Air is known for its low fares, but on several of its international routes, we’ve been able to score up to 30% in additional savings by selecting “Norge” as the language. Of course, there’s no guarantee, so it’s best to check on a case-by-case basis with all airlines.
Yes, you may have to copy and paste everything into Google Translate, or have Google automatically translate the page, but the savings could make it worth the added step. To read more on how this works and how to take advantage, see Mitch Berman’s post, Can You Save Money Purchasing Airline Tickets in Foreign Currency?
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees