Crystal Cruises is Launching Round-the-World “AirCruises”
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the great things about taking a cruise is the convenience of being able to visit a ton of places with a single reservation: book a trip, hop onboard and set sail for a few days (or weeks) of sightseeing. But who says that kind of journey has to be limited to the open seas? Certainly not Crystal Cruises. Though the company has made its name as one of the world’s most beloved luxury cruise lines, its latest endeavor — Crystal AirCruises — is an attempt to elevate the water-based cruise experience to 35,000 feet.
On August 31, 2017, Crystal’s inaugural AirCruise will take travelers on a curated, 27-day trip around the world, where they’ll stop in 10 exciting cities — including Chicago, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Manila, Bangkok, Paris and New York City (which will serve as the trip’s place of departure and final arrival point). Dubbed “The Peninsula Grand Inaugural Crystal AirCruise,” the trip is being presented in partnership with The Peninsula Hotels, which will provide shelter for travelers when they’re on the road. The trip, of course, doesn’t come cheap; prices start at $159,900 per person, while shorter trips, like 2018’s 16-day South Pacific Explorer, will start at $69,500 per person.
When airborne, AirCruisers will be traveling in serious style, too; Crystal has purchased its own Boeing 777, where guests will be treated to personalized service via a team of Crystal Skye Butlers, Michelin Star-inspired dining, a full-service bar with lounge seating, a wine cellar and handcrafted Welsh flatbed sleeper seats (there are just 84 in total), which will allow guests to bask in ultimate luxury as they jet from one location to the next. Once on the ground, travelers will have the chance to customize their own itineraries, whether that means arranging for some sort of adrenaline-inducing adventure or soaking up an area’s cultural or culinary scene.
Though Crystal isn’t the first hospitality company to launch this kind of private jet adventure — the Four Seasons hotel chain has been doing it since 2012 — it’s breaking with tradition by purchasing its own jet. And the Peninsula Hotels trip is just the beginning; Around the World: Iconic Sites will take travelers from Los Angeles to Easter Island to Prague in 29 days; Holidays Around the World will have you in Bora Bora for Christmas and ringing in the New Year in Sydney. Bon voyage!
Is this something you’d be interested in? Sound off, below.
All images courtesy of Crystal Cruises’ Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.