Crystal Cruises is Launching Round-the-World “AirCruises”
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the great things about taking a cruise is the convenience of being able to visit a ton of places with a single reservation: book a trip, hop onboard and set sail for a few days (or weeks) of sightseeing. But who says that kind of journey has to be limited to the open seas? Certainly not Crystal Cruises. Though the company has made its name as one of the world’s most beloved luxury cruise lines, its latest endeavor — Crystal AirCruises — is an attempt to elevate the water-based cruise experience to 35,000 feet.
On August 31, 2017, Crystal’s inaugural AirCruise will take travelers on a curated, 27-day trip around the world, where they’ll stop in 10 exciting cities — including Chicago, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Manila, Bangkok, Paris and New York City (which will serve as the trip’s place of departure and final arrival point). Dubbed “The Peninsula Grand Inaugural Crystal AirCruise,” the trip is being presented in partnership with The Peninsula Hotels, which will provide shelter for travelers when they’re on the road. The trip, of course, doesn’t come cheap; prices start at $159,900 per person, while shorter trips, like 2018’s 16-day South Pacific Explorer, will start at $69,500 per person.
When airborne, AirCruisers will be traveling in serious style, too; Crystal has purchased its own Boeing 777, where guests will be treated to personalized service via a team of Crystal Skye Butlers, Michelin Star-inspired dining, a full-service bar with lounge seating, a wine cellar and handcrafted Welsh flatbed sleeper seats (there are just 84 in total), which will allow guests to bask in ultimate luxury as they jet from one location to the next. Once on the ground, travelers will have the chance to customize their own itineraries, whether that means arranging for some sort of adrenaline-inducing adventure or soaking up an area’s cultural or culinary scene.
Though Crystal isn’t the first hospitality company to launch this kind of private jet adventure — the Four Seasons hotel chain has been doing it since 2012 — it’s breaking with tradition by purchasing its own jet. And the Peninsula Hotels trip is just the beginning; Around the World: Iconic Sites will take travelers from Los Angeles to Easter Island to Prague in 29 days; Holidays Around the World will have you in Bora Bora for Christmas and ringing in the New Year in Sydney. Bon voyage!
Is this something you’d be interested in? Sound off, below.
All images courtesy of Crystal Cruises’ Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees