Watch What Happens When a Busload of Tourists Shows up at the Oscars
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chances are, the 89th annual Academy Awards will be remembered by most people because of the way it ended — with a major flub in which La La Land was mistakenly given the award for Best Picture, while a minute later, Moonlight was officially announced as the real Oscar-winning film.
But it certainly wasn’t the only memorable moment of this year’s show. About halfway through, host Jimmy Kimmel pulled off an epic prank on a group of Los Angeles tourists who believed they were just regular guests of a Starline bus tour in Hollywood. Little did they know, the bus was on its way to the Dolby Theatre, where the Academy Awards were being held that night. The group of tourists were then led off the bus, under the impression that they were about to visit a special exhibit.
What happened next can only be described as the shock of a lifetime, with each of them entering the room — while snapping photos on their iPhones, of course — only to realize it’s full of glamorous movie stars. And that they’re suddenly part of the Oscars. And that it’s all happening live on television.
While most of the folks appear to be in a state of shock, some continued to take photos as others eventually stopped to shake hands and hug some of the celebrities sitting in the front row. The stars seemed to be getting a huge kick out of Kimmel’s prank, too, taking their own photos and videos of the surprise visitors and casually chatting with folks as they passed by.
— Keith Urban (@KeithUrban) February 27, 2017
Denzel Washington even ends up “marrying” one of the couples who said they’d recently gotten engaged, while Jennifer Aniston offers up her own sunglasses to them as a wedding gift. Watch the hilarity ensue in the video, below — the Denzel wedding scene set-up starts at 3:22:
Featured Image courtesy of Kevin Winter via Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees