United to Launch New Service Between San Francisco and Munich
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines announced that it’s launching new service between the West Coast and Germany. Specifically, United will begin new nonstop service between San Francisco (SFO) and Munich (MUC), beginning on May 24. The MUC-SFO nonstop will begin the following day.
Here’s the schedule, which will operate daily:
- UA194 San Francisco (SFO) 2:05pm Departure ⇒ Munich (MUC) 10:25am (+1) Arrival
- UA195 Munich (MUC) 12:10pm Departure ⇒ San Francisco (SFO) 2:55pm Arrival
The new route will be operated by United’s 787 Dreamliner aircraft, which offers three classes of service — Polaris, Economy Plus and economy.
— United (@united) February 28, 2017
The new route is bookable on United’s website. Round-trip fares in economy on this new route seem to hover around the $1,492 mark. You could also choose to redeem your miles for this trip. A one-way saver award will cost 30,000 miles, whereas a one-way saver award in Polaris will cost you 57,500 miles, though business-class Saver availability appears to be limited. United already services Munich (MUC) with direct flights from Chicago (ORD), Newark (EWR), Washington, DC (IAD) and Houston (IAH; beginning in April).
With this announcement, United also formally detailed plans to fly its new Boeing 777-300ER, which is equipped with the new Polaris business-class seat, between Newark (EWR) and Tel Aviv (TLV), beginning May 5. This is the second route serviced by United’s new 777, with the first of which being between San Francisco (SFO) and Hong Kong (HKG). Here is the schedule for the new EWR-TLV route:
- UA90 Newark (EWR) 11:45pm Departure ⇒ Tel Aviv (TLV) 4:20pm (+1) Arrival
- UA91 Tel Aviv (TLV) 11:10pm Departure ⇒ Newark (EWR) 4:35am Arrival
In addition, United announced that it’s launching new domestic routes, including new service to Columbia, MO (COU), Champaign/Urbana, IL (CMI), Rochester, MN (RST) and Santa Rosa, CA (STS).
— United (@united) February 27, 2017
For a full list of the new services and schedules from this latest announcement, visit United’s website. Overall, this is a welcome expansion from the carrier, highlighted by both the new Europe route connecting the West Coast and the second launch route of its 777-300ER.
Featured image courtesy of United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees