United to Launch New Service Between San Francisco and Munich
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines announced that it’s launching new service between the West Coast and Germany. Specifically, United will begin new nonstop service between San Francisco (SFO) and Munich (MUC), beginning on May 24. The MUC-SFO nonstop will begin the following day.
Here’s the schedule, which will operate daily:
- UA194 San Francisco (SFO) 2:05pm Departure ⇒ Munich (MUC) 10:25am (+1) Arrival
- UA195 Munich (MUC) 12:10pm Departure ⇒ San Francisco (SFO) 2:55pm Arrival
The new route will be operated by United’s 787 Dreamliner aircraft, which offers three classes of service — Polaris, Economy Plus and economy.
— United (@united) February 28, 2017
The new route is bookable on United’s website. Round-trip fares in economy on this new route seem to hover around the $1,492 mark. You could also choose to redeem your miles for this trip. A one-way saver award will cost 30,000 miles, whereas a one-way saver award in Polaris will cost you 57,500 miles, though business-class Saver availability appears to be limited. United already services Munich (MUC) with direct flights from Chicago (ORD), Newark (EWR), Washington, DC (IAD) and Houston (IAH; beginning in April).
With this announcement, United also formally detailed plans to fly its new Boeing 777-300ER, which is equipped with the new Polaris business-class seat, between Newark (EWR) and Tel Aviv (TLV), beginning May 5. This is the second route serviced by United’s new 777, with the first of which being between San Francisco (SFO) and Hong Kong (HKG). Here is the schedule for the new EWR-TLV route:
- UA90 Newark (EWR) 11:45pm Departure ⇒ Tel Aviv (TLV) 4:20pm (+1) Arrival
- UA91 Tel Aviv (TLV) 11:10pm Departure ⇒ Newark (EWR) 4:35am Arrival
In addition, United announced that it’s launching new domestic routes, including new service to Columbia, MO (COU), Champaign/Urbana, IL (CMI), Rochester, MN (RST) and Santa Rosa, CA (STS).
— United (@united) February 27, 2017
For a full list of the new services and schedules from this latest announcement, visit United’s website. Overall, this is a welcome expansion from the carrier, highlighted by both the new Europe route connecting the West Coast and the second launch route of its 777-300ER.
Featured image courtesy of United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.