This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines announced that it’s launching new service between the West Coast and Germany. Specifically, United will begin new nonstop service between San Francisco (SFO) and Munich (MUC), beginning on May 24. The MUC-SFO nonstop will begin the following day.
Here’s the schedule, which will operate daily:
- UA194 San Francisco (SFO) 2:05pm Departure ⇒ Munich (MUC) 10:25am (+1) Arrival
- UA195 Munich (MUC) 12:10pm Departure ⇒ San Francisco (SFO) 2:55pm Arrival
The new route will be operated by United’s 787 Dreamliner aircraft, which offers three classes of service — Polaris, Economy Plus and economy.
— United (@united) February 28, 2017
The new route is bookable on United’s website. Round-trip fares in economy on this new route seem to hover around the $1,492 mark. You could also choose to redeem your miles for this trip. A one-way saver award will cost 30,000 miles, whereas a one-way saver award in Polaris will cost you 57,500 miles, though business-class Saver availability appears to be limited. United already services Munich (MUC) with direct flights from Chicago (ORD), Newark (EWR), Washington, DC (IAD) and Houston (IAH; beginning in April).
With this announcement, United also formally detailed plans to fly its new Boeing 777-300ER, which is equipped with the new Polaris business-class seat, between Newark (EWR) and Tel Aviv (TLV), beginning May 5. This is the second route serviced by United’s new 777, with the first of which being between San Francisco (SFO) and Hong Kong (HKG). Here is the schedule for the new EWR-TLV route:
- UA90 Newark (EWR) 11:45pm Departure ⇒ Tel Aviv (TLV) 4:20pm (+1) Arrival
- UA91 Tel Aviv (TLV) 11:10pm Departure ⇒ Newark (EWR) 4:35am Arrival
In addition, United announced that it’s launching new domestic routes, including new service to Columbia, MO (COU), Champaign/Urbana, IL (CMI), Rochester, MN (RST) and Santa Rosa, CA (STS).
— United (@united) February 27, 2017
For a full list of the new services and schedules from this latest announcement, visit United’s website. Overall, this is a welcome expansion from the carrier, highlighted by both the new Europe route connecting the West Coast and the second launch route of its 777-300ER.
Featured image courtesy of United Airlines.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards