Qantas Reveals New Livery in Support of LGBT Community
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qantas recently unveiled new livery on an aircraft dubbed the “Rainbow Roo” as a way to show support for the LGBT community, painting its name in rainbow colors and showing its signature flying kangaroo holding a rainbow-colored flag. The tagline underneath the plane’s colorful new logo also reads, “Official airline partner of Sydney Mardi Gras,” a two-week long gay pride celebration that takes over Sydney from Friday, February 17, through Sunday, March 5. Qantas has historically been a big supporter of the LGBT community, thanks in part to the airline’s openly gay CEO, Alan Joyce.
The airline revealed the A330-300’s new paint job when it took its first flight earlier this month. According to Australian Aviation, this particular aircraft operates on Qantas’ Sydney to Melbourne route, before continuing from Melbourne to Singapore. According to an article by The Daily Telegraph, a Qantas spokeswoman said the aircraft would sport the new livery for the next few months.
This isn’t the first time a carrier has shown support for the LGBT community — last year, WOW Air registered one of its first A330 aircraft with the code name “TF-GAY.” American Airlines also had its social media photos include the rainbow flag when same-sex marriage was legalized in the US back in June of 2015.
H/T: The Daily Telegraph
Featured image courtesy of Zaahid Naseer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees