Qantas Reveals New Livery in Support of LGBT Community
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qantas recently unveiled new livery on an aircraft dubbed the “Rainbow Roo” as a way to show support for the LGBT community, painting its name in rainbow colors and showing its signature flying kangaroo holding a rainbow-colored flag. The tagline underneath the plane’s colorful new logo also reads, “Official airline partner of Sydney Mardi Gras,” a two-week long gay pride celebration that takes over Sydney from Friday, February 17, through Sunday, March 5. Qantas has historically been a big supporter of the LGBT community, thanks in part to the airline’s openly gay CEO, Alan Joyce.
The airline revealed the A330-300’s new paint job when it took its first flight earlier this month. According to Australian Aviation, this particular aircraft operates on Qantas’ Sydney to Melbourne route, before continuing from Melbourne to Singapore. According to an article by The Daily Telegraph, a Qantas spokeswoman said the aircraft would sport the new livery for the next few months.
This isn’t the first time a carrier has shown support for the LGBT community — last year, WOW Air registered one of its first A330 aircraft with the code name “TF-GAY.” American Airlines also had its social media photos include the rainbow flag when same-sex marriage was legalized in the US back in June of 2015.
H/T: The Daily Telegraph
Featured image courtesy of Zaahid Naseer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.