Qantas Reveals New Livery in Support of LGBT Community
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qantas recently unveiled new livery on an aircraft dubbed the “Rainbow Roo” as a way to show support for the LGBT community, painting its name in rainbow colors and showing its signature flying kangaroo holding a rainbow-colored flag. The tagline underneath the plane’s colorful new logo also reads, “Official airline partner of Sydney Mardi Gras,” a two-week long gay pride celebration that takes over Sydney from Friday, February 17, through Sunday, March 5. Qantas has historically been a big supporter of the LGBT community, thanks in part to the airline’s openly gay CEO, Alan Joyce.
The airline revealed the A330-300’s new paint job when it took its first flight earlier this month. According to Australian Aviation, this particular aircraft operates on Qantas’ Sydney to Melbourne route, before continuing from Melbourne to Singapore. According to an article by The Daily Telegraph, a Qantas spokeswoman said the aircraft would sport the new livery for the next few months.
This isn’t the first time a carrier has shown support for the LGBT community — last year, WOW Air registered one of its first A330 aircraft with the code name “TF-GAY.” American Airlines also had its social media photos include the rainbow flag when same-sex marriage was legalized in the US back in June of 2015.
H/T: The Daily Telegraph
Featured image courtesy of Zaahid Naseer.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.