Check Out This Awesome Footage of the First Overwater Villas in the Caribbean
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Great news for honeymooners or anyone looking for a romantic escape: You don’t have to go all the way to the Maldives or Bora Bora to stay in an overwater villa anymore — they’re now available at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Sandals opened five overwater villas in December, the first of their kind in the Caribbean. The villas are quite luxurious, featuring amenities like floating hammocks and infinity pools, while areas of the floor are made of glass so you can peek through and watch the marine life swimming beneath you.
You’ll also be able to enjoy a private infinity pool that doubles as a jacuzzi — when you’re ready to hop out, you can rinse off in the outdoor shower. Guests even have access to their very own butler, as well as private boat transfers to and from the resort.
Demand for the new villas was so high that the Sandals decided to build 12 additional overwater bungalows, which are slated to open on March 1, 2017. The bungalows will be a bit smaller than the current villas and while they won’t included a private pool, they still seem like a great option if you’re looking for an overwater experience close to home.
Staying at the villas will cost you a pretty penny, though, since Sandals is a luxury all-inclusive resort and these can’t be booked with points, unlike at some other overwater villas around the world. Rates for the villas start at $1,435 per person per night while the bungalows start at $1,078 per person per night. Note that the Sandals booking engine requires you to book a minimum of three nights, so don’t expect to do this particular vacation on the cheap.
Featured image and video footage courtesy of Sandals Resorts; edited by Brendan Dorsey.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.