Check Out This Awesome Footage of the First Overwater Villas in the Caribbean
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Great news for honeymooners or anyone looking for a romantic escape: You don’t have to go all the way to the Maldives or Bora Bora to stay in an overwater villa anymore — they’re now available at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Sandals opened five overwater villas in December, the first of their kind in the Caribbean. The villas are quite luxurious, featuring amenities like floating hammocks and infinity pools, while areas of the floor are made of glass so you can peek through and watch the marine life swimming beneath you.
You’ll also be able to enjoy a private infinity pool that doubles as a jacuzzi — when you’re ready to hop out, you can rinse off in the outdoor shower. Guests even have access to their very own butler, as well as private boat transfers to and from the resort.
Demand for the new villas was so high that the Sandals decided to build 12 additional overwater bungalows, which are slated to open on March 1, 2017. The bungalows will be a bit smaller than the current villas and while they won’t included a private pool, they still seem like a great option if you’re looking for an overwater experience close to home.
Staying at the villas will cost you a pretty penny, though, since Sandals is a luxury all-inclusive resort and these can’t be booked with points, unlike at some other overwater villas around the world. Rates for the villas start at $1,435 per person per night while the bungalows start at $1,078 per person per night. Note that the Sandals booking engine requires you to book a minimum of three nights, so don’t expect to do this particular vacation on the cheap.
Featured image and video footage courtesy of Sandals Resorts; edited by Brendan Dorsey.
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee