Check Out This Awesome Footage of the First Overwater Villas in the Caribbean
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Great news for honeymooners or anyone looking for a romantic escape: You don’t have to go all the way to the Maldives or Bora Bora to stay in an overwater villa anymore — they’re now available at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Sandals opened five overwater villas in December, the first of their kind in the Caribbean. The villas are quite luxurious, featuring amenities like floating hammocks and infinity pools, while areas of the floor are made of glass so you can peek through and watch the marine life swimming beneath you.
You’ll also be able to enjoy a private infinity pool that doubles as a jacuzzi — when you’re ready to hop out, you can rinse off in the outdoor shower. Guests even have access to their very own butler, as well as private boat transfers to and from the resort.
Demand for the new villas was so high that the Sandals decided to build 12 additional overwater bungalows, which are slated to open on March 1, 2017. The bungalows will be a bit smaller than the current villas and while they won’t included a private pool, they still seem like a great option if you’re looking for an overwater experience close to home.
Staying at the villas will cost you a pretty penny, though, since Sandals is a luxury all-inclusive resort and these can’t be booked with points, unlike at some other overwater villas around the world. Rates for the villas start at $1,435 per person per night while the bungalows start at $1,078 per person per night. Note that the Sandals booking engine requires you to book a minimum of three nights, so don’t expect to do this particular vacation on the cheap.
Featured image and video footage courtesy of Sandals Resorts; edited by Brendan Dorsey.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees