Score a Fantastic SPG Redemption at The St. Regis Maldives
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the Marriott/Starwood merger beginning soon, many Starwood loyalists are looking to redeem their SPG points before the two programs are combined. Normally, we’d suggest redeeming points whenever you’re getting at least 2.5 cents in value, however there’s a much better deal out there right now, at Starwood’s latest flagship property in the Maldives.
The St. Regis Maldives is set to open next month, though the hotel is currently only accepting bookings beginning in November. Room rates are astronomical — no, really, they put Amanpulo to shame — but for one reason or another, Starwood is letting SPG members redeem points for a free stay at a phenomenal rate.
Just how great are these rates? 130,000 Starpoints will get you five nights in an Overwater Villa — the cash rate for that stay is over $10,000, yielding a phenomenal value of 7.7 cents per point. I’m including a breakdown below for a stay in September — note that these are the cheapest dates I could find, with base rooms jumping above $2,000 on many dates:
|Room Type||Base Rate||Award Per Night||Value Per Point||Award Per Night (5th Night Free)||Value Per Point|
|Sunset Overwater Villa||$2,371||75,000||$0.032||60,000||$0.040|
|Overwater St. Regis Suite||$2,491||90,000||$0.028||72,000||$0.035|
|2-Bedroom Family Villa||$3,211||120,000||$0.027||96,000||$0.034|
There’s no minimum-stay requirement, so you can book just one night if you’d like, but note that you’ll need to shell out $700 per person for a seaplane from Male Airport (MLE) to the hotel, so a five-night stay makes much more sense. The hotel appears to be available on most dates, with the exception of the New Year’s holiday.
Unfortunately you can’t book these stays online — you’ll need to call SPG at 888-625-4988 to book your award — but availability should match up with the revenue inventory you can see on Starwood’s website. Also, note that these rates may change at any time (the deal may even be gone by the time you’re reading this), so you’ll want to book your award sooner than later.
Featured image is of an Overwater Villa at the St. Regis Maldives.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees