Check out Air Canada’s Brand New Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
2017 is a big year for Canada — it marks 150th anniversary of the founding of the country and the 80th birthday of Air Canada, the nation’s flag carrier.
To celebrate the big 8-0, the airline has unveiled a new livery that “balances national identity with a compelling design that clearly accentuates the features of each aircraft, allowing it to elegantly stand out in the sky and on the runway.” The design was created by Tyler Brûlé, the CEO and Chairman of Winkreative.
Here’s the current livery:
The new livery adds a ‘mask’ inspired by the facial markings of birds indigenous to Canada, a black underbelly and a new black painted tail marked with the Canadian maple leaf rondel, which harkens back to liveries of the past.
Air Canada says the inspiration for its new design comes from Canadian culture, heritage and wildlife. While it’s not particularly thrilling, we think the design looks smart — especially the ‘mask’ on the 787 Dreamliner. But, as always, Twitter couldn’t help but have a bit of fun with the airline’s new design.
@AirCanada how [does] it evoke Mountains and Landscapes? ?
— Manny Gonzalez (@gonzalu) February 9, 2017
Along with the new design, Air Canada also announced new employee uniforms by Canadian designer Christopher Bates, along with new onboard menu options which include fresh wine selections by Canadian sommelier Veronique Rivest.
What do you think of Air Canada’s new livery?
Images courtesy of Air Canada.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.