Check out Air Canada’s Brand New Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
2017 is a big year for Canada — it marks 150th anniversary of the founding of the country and the 80th birthday of Air Canada, the nation’s flag carrier.
To celebrate the big 8-0, the airline has unveiled a new livery that “balances national identity with a compelling design that clearly accentuates the features of each aircraft, allowing it to elegantly stand out in the sky and on the runway.” The design was created by Tyler Brûlé, the CEO and Chairman of Winkreative.
Here’s the current livery:
And here’s the new design:
The new livery adds a ‘mask’ inspired by the facial markings of birds indigenous to Canada, a black underbelly and a new black painted tail marked with the Canadian maple leaf rondel, which harkens back to liveries of the past.
Air Canada says the inspiration for its new design comes from Canadian culture, heritage and wildlife. While it’s not particularly thrilling, we think the design looks smart — especially the ‘mask’ on the 787 Dreamliner. But, as always, Twitter couldn’t help but have a bit of fun with the airline’s new design.
@AirCanada how [does] it evoke Mountains and Landscapes? ?
— Manny Gonzalez (@gonzalu) February 9, 2017
Along with the new design, Air Canada also announced new employee uniforms by Canadian designer Christopher Bates, along with new onboard menu options which include fresh wine selections by Canadian sommelier Veronique Rivest.
What do you think of Air Canada’s new livery?
Images courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees