Check out Air Canada’s Brand New Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
2017 is a big year for Canada — it marks 150th anniversary of the founding of the country and the 80th birthday of Air Canada, the nation’s flag carrier.
To celebrate the big 8-0, the airline has unveiled a new livery that “balances national identity with a compelling design that clearly accentuates the features of each aircraft, allowing it to elegantly stand out in the sky and on the runway.” The design was created by Tyler Brûlé, the CEO and Chairman of Winkreative.
Here’s the current livery:
And here’s the new design:
The new livery adds a ‘mask’ inspired by the facial markings of birds indigenous to Canada, a black underbelly and a new black painted tail marked with the Canadian maple leaf rondel, which harkens back to liveries of the past.
Air Canada says the inspiration for its new design comes from Canadian culture, heritage and wildlife. While it’s not particularly thrilling, we think the design looks smart — especially the ‘mask’ on the 787 Dreamliner. But, as always, Twitter couldn’t help but have a bit of fun with the airline’s new design.
@AirCanada how [does] it evoke Mountains and Landscapes? 🤔
— Manny Gonzalez (@gonzalu) February 9, 2017
Along with the new design, Air Canada also announced new employee uniforms by Canadian designer Christopher Bates, along with new onboard menu options which include fresh wine selections by Canadian sommelier Veronique Rivest.
What do you think of Air Canada’s new livery?
Images courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.