Wow Air Considering One-Stop Flights From the US to Israel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying to Israel is rarely cheap, whether you’re using miles or paying in cash. Apart from infrequent deals on full-service carriers it’s nearly impossible to get to the country for under $500 round-trip. This could all soon be changing if Wow Air gets approval to launch nonstop service from Reykjavik (KEF) to Tel Aviv (TLV).
The airline has requested six weekly flights and intends to begin operating in June of 2017. Currently, Tel Aviv is served with nonstop flights by El Al from Boston (BOS), Los Angeles (LAX), Newark (EWR) and New York (JFK), Delta from JFK and United from EWR and San Francisco (SFO). Of course there are a multitude of options to get to Israel with a layover, but Wow’s intent to start TLV flights is exciting given all the regular deals we’ve seen from the US to Reykjavik. If this new route gets approved, flying to Israel from the US could be more affordable than ever before.
H/T: Iceland Monitor
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.