Trump on His First Air Force One Flight: “Great Plane”
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
President Trump took office a week ago today, but it wasn’t until Thursday that he had an opportunity to travel on Air Force One. Yesterday, on his trip between the White House and Philadelphia, he took his first flight on the Boeing 747. What did he think about it?
“Beautiful,” he said, according to pool reports. “Great plane.” Of course, the presidential 747 is a bit of a different experience than his personal Boeing 757. Although he was impressed with the jumbo jet, he mentioned that his previous metal was a “good one.”
Beautiful. Great Plane.President Trump
President Trump’s 757 features gold-plated faucets, couches, a bedroom and a lounge. So while his new ride on Air Force One might not be quite as flashy, he said that it’s “a very special plane for a lot of reasons.”
The presidential 747 features a state-of-the-art security system, can refuel mid-air, has a “flying Oval Office” and a medical suite that can function as an operating room.
On yesterday’s trip, he also took a ride on Marine One, which is the presidential helicopter.
President Trump’s first trip on Air Force One and Marine One was a historic one. Thankfully, the President is a fan of Air Force One’s offerings — he’ll be flying in it much more now.
H/T: Business Insider
Featured image courtesy of Nicholas Kamm via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.