Lufthansa Flight to NYFW Will Include an In-Air Fashion Show
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Passengers aboard an upcoming Lufthansa flight will be treated to a look at the history of airline fashion and a glimpse into the future of aviation and wearable technology. German carrier Lufthansa announced a special “FlyingLab” flight, scheduled for February 8, 2017 between Frankfurt and New York.
The flight coincides with the beginning of New York Fashion Week, opening on February 9. Those ticketed to fly aboard Lufthansa Flight 400 on February 8, operated by a Boeing 747-8, will be treated to a number of fashion-forward experiences during the nine-hour flight. Three fashion and technology experts — from Instagram, Kreait and Manufacture NY — will offer live lectures via a special in-flight conference system that passengers can access on their mobile devices through the aircraft’s wireless entertainment network.
Passengers can also reserve various fashion technology devices to use at their seat throughout the flight. Products on board will include the Bellabeat Leaf health tracker, the Geimo Smart Band social bracelet and the Ashley Chloe Helix Cuff with wireless Bluetooth headphones. Flight attendants will be getting into the spirit as well; those working the flight will be dressed in uniforms that span Lufthansa’s past 60 years and participate in an onboard fashion show.
Getting a one-way ticket for this unique flight may be rather costly, but you’ll save quite a bit if you’re able to fly round-trip from the US. As of today, a one-way ticket aboard the fashion FlyingLab was available for nearly $3,302 in economy, while a round-trip departing from NYC a few days before can be had for $866 in economy. On that same date, award flights through the United MileagePlus program were available for little as 30,000 miles and $182.86 one-way in economy.
You can boost your MileagePlus account in a variety of ways, from transferring Ultimate Rewards points to opening a co-branded credit card such as the United MileagePlus Explorer Card — though that card bonus option won’t do you any good for this last-minute flight.
Featured image courtesy of Lufthansa.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.