This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
St. Maarten is famous in the AvGeek community for its runway that is essentially located on a local strip of beach named Maho Beach. Massive passenger jets pass only feet above beachgoers’ heads in order to land at Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM). Although KLM has stopped its 747 service to the island, you can still catch some pretty cool landings, like an American Airlines’ 757 in this installment of crazy aviation videos.
The video features the AA 757 approaching over the crystal clear waters, but then the video changes to give us an epic, slow-mo look at the aircraft approaching the runway. Everything seems to freeze as the jet glides towards the runway, and it looks like the plane could practically graze the heads of the tourists who had made their way to the beach to capture the spectacle on their smartphones. Check out the whole clip below:
Have you done any plane spotting at Maho Beach?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards