Track Your Replacement Citi Card In-App or Online With New Feature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the most terrifying feelings is reaching into your wallet and realizing that a credit card is missing. From there, you’ll go through the process of calling the issuer, and then the most dreaded part of all — waiting for your replacement card to come in the mail. As of today, however, Citi is making waiting for that replacement easier with the ability to track your shipment.
Citi’s been making incremental improvements to its customer experience, most recently adding the ability to dispute charges directly from the Citi Mobile App for iPhone. And with this just-announced feature, Citi’s the first major issuer to offer real-time replacement card-tracking through its app or website. The new functionality allows Citi cardholders to track the status of their new card when it’s being replaced for a variety of reasons, including natural reissuance (expired card or chip upgrade), product conversions and if it’s been lost, stolen or damaged. If the card’s shipped by FedEx, you’ll even be able to track the package at every stage of the delivery. Plus, you can activate the replacement card directly through the tracker.
This move comes just a few months after Citi announced its Quick Lock feature, which allows cardholders to freeze their account to prevent fraudulent charges if their card is lost or stolen. Now with the in-app card tracker, if you lose your card, you’ll not only be able to prevent any fraudulent charges, but you can also keep tabs on when the replacement card will arrive at your door.
Being able to track the status of your replacement — from when it was shipped to when it’s expected to arrive — can help ease the pain of waiting, not to mention the feeling of powerlessness you might experience when a card goes missing. Hopefully other issuers will follow suit with similar features in their respective apps!
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees