This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Next week is going to be very special for Airbus, Singapore Airlines and The Points Guy. TPG and I will be traveling to Toulouse, France to join Singapore for the handoff of an especially notable A350 — Airbus has selected this plane for its 10,000th aircraft delivery, taking place at TLS next Friday. We’ll be joining the plane on its delivery flight to Changi Airport, and, a week or so later, it’ll head to San Francisco for SQ’s inaugural nonstop flight to the US.
Obviously, a 10,000th aircraft delivery is a tremendous milestone for Airbus, which has been churning out airliners since the 70s. And, given that Singapore Airlines was the launch customer for Airbus’ largest plane to date — the A380 — it seems fitting that SQ gets to share this honor.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.