We’re Heading to Airbus to Pick Up a Brand New Singapore Airlines A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Next week, TPG and I will have an opportunity to attend a very exciting aircraft delivery as Singapore Airlines picks up its latest A350 from Airbus’ facility in Toulouse, France. This is the actual A350 that’ll operate the carrier’s inaugural from San Francisco later this month, so it’ll certainly be “factory fresh” for that flight a week or so after the plane first arrives in Singapore.
We’ll be attending the delivery ceremony, at which point we’ll have a chance to tour the aircraft, but we’ll also be onboard the delivery flight to SIN — that’ll be a first for both of us. I’ve been gunning to join a Singapore delivery since just before my final flight on the A340-500, so this trip has been about three years in the making! Needless to say, we’re both very excited.
Delivery flights are super no-frills — expect boxed lunches in business class, plastic-wrapped carpeting and incomplete galleys — it’s a very different experience than you’d have on a typical Singapore flight. It also isn’t possible to redeem points or pay cash for this type of flight (though we are covering transportation to Toulouse and from Singapore, plus all other travel expenses), so we won’t be sharing a typical review — you won’t have to wait long, though, since we will be onboard the SFO-SIN inaugural (on a paid fare) a week or so later.
Since it’s a delivery flight, most of the plane will be empty (as I experienced on my Qatar A350 charter last December), giving us a chance to try out economy and Singapore’s new premium economy as well. Stay tuned for Facebook Live videos, Snapchats, Tweets and Instagram posts (from me, too), along with a whole lot of content on the blog.
Have you flown Singapore’s A350?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees