This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With summer on its way out, we have to face the inevitable — winter is coming. To get prepared, check out this crazy aviation video where a turboprop airplane known as the Twin Otter successfully lands in a significant amount of fresh powder in Northern Saskatchewan. Maybe it’s commonplace in Canada for aircraft to land on snow but for those of us used to plowed runways, it’s crazy to see a plane land in these conditions.
This Twin Otter approaches what appears to be nothing more than a frozen lake with no marked runway of any sort. It’s equipped with wheel-skis, allowing it to land on snow without simultaneously gliding off the lake into the surrounding trees. It appears that the landing wouldn’t have been the most comfortable — the plane bounces up and down surrounded by a tornado of snow until it eventually comes to a stop.
Have you ever landed in deep snow?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.