Watch This Boeing 737 Almost Stall on Takeoff
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers on board a Royal Air Maroc 737 departing from Frankfurt (FRA) earlier this week had a scary experience while taking off. As you can see in this installment of crazy aviation videos, the 737 rolls down the runway but doesn’t have enough acceleration to take off, so when the nose lifts the tail of the plane almost scrapes the ground. The plane then just barely gets off the ground but doesn’t have enough lift to keep climbing, so it comes back down to the runway at an even higher speed. After being completely on the ground again, the plane has enough acceleration to finally take off safely.
It’s unclear what really happened during this incident, but several Twitter users have speculated that the issue was caused by miscalculating the weight on board the aircraft.
— Phil Derner, Jr. (@PhilDernerJr) August 25, 2016
Fortunately, the pilots got the situation under control and completed the takeoff safely.
What do you think caused this botched takeoff?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.