This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To celebrate the opening of a brand-new SkyClub at its Atlanta hub tomorrow, Delta recently held a special, invite-only preview that TPG reader Chris Hunt was able to attend (thanks for sending us your pictures, Chris!). Several VIPs were also in attendance, including CEO Edward H. Bastian and Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed. About 750 people total attended the event, according to Chris.
While Delta served complimentary Moët and Dom Perignon Champagne to guests at the preview event, you’ll have to pay for higher-end alcoholic beverages when the lounge opens (you can also use SkyMiles to pay for your drinks).
The new SkyClub is located near the center of Concourse B in Delta’s terminal at ATL. Passengers enter near the escalators leading to the underground tram that connects each concourse. After entering, you’ll have to take an elevator to floor 3 to find the six check-in desks. Since the lounge is on floor 3, you’ll have excellent views of the tarmac from both sides.
There looks to be plenty of seating in this new space, as well as abundant power outlets — a necessity for travelers today.
A large bar occupies the middle section of the lounge, where you can purchase a wide variety of beverages including beer, wine and spirits. There’s also a variety of food including fruit, candy and assorted snacks.
The extensive wine selection is curated by Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, and you can purchase tastings in 1-ounce, 3-ounce and 6-ounce pours.
Note that there are several ways to get access to Delta SkyClubs. You’ll be admitted if you’re flying in Delta One on international flights, or if you are a Delta Diamond Medallion member. Additionally, if you hold either the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express or the Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll be admitted to SkyClub locations with a same-day boarding pass.
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and discounted Delta Sky Club access.
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Check your first bag free on Delta flights - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Want even more flexibility? Pay with Miles is a Card Member feature that gives you the option to redeem miles for all or part of the price of your tickets on Delta.com.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees