This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways’ first class isn’t necessarily at the top of the premium category when it comes to European airlines — especially when compared to the products of both Lufthansa and Air France. In first class with both of the latter carriers, passengers are entitled to elite perks prior to boarding the plane — planeside transportation at departure and arrival, as well as a premium lounge experience. Now, it looks like British Airways has taken notice, and is working to improve at least some aspects of the experience — albeit only for its most premium passengers.
British Airways just announced its “First Wing,” which will be a dedicated walkway between check-in and the lounges at London Heathrow’s Terminal 5. The First Wing walkway is set to open in April 2017, and it’ll be available to British Airways first-class customers, Gold Executive Club members and Oneworld Emerald members. The walkway will serve as a more private way for premium passengers to check in to their flight and then head through security at two new dedicated security lanes, speeding up the process.
Once the passengers are through security, they can head straight for the Galleries First Lounge or the Concorde Room, which will be accessible through the private First Wing walkway. Ultimately, while this addition is not a game-changer for BA, it’s definitely an added perk when flying BA first class, if you’re a BA Gold elite or if you’re a Oneworld Emerald member. The UK-based carrier is making strides, but still has a bit further to go in order to be up to par with its direct competitors.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured image courtesy of British Airways.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards