This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you haven’t already guessed by now, I’m a really big fan of Hyatt-brand hotels. Big enough to stay at three different Hyatt properties in Tokyo during my epic trip to Japan. With Hyatt Diamond status and perks like free breakfast, suite upgrades and bonus points to help sweeten the deal, I eagerly booked two nights at the Park Hyatt Tokyo; two nights at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Roppongi; and two nights at the Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills.
So, how’d they stack up? Check out the video below for a sneak peek at each property and my tips for booking your own stay.
For more great TPGtv videos in our new, shorter format, check out the first three videos from our second season, 18 Ways Singapore Suites Will Blow Your Mind, Inside LAX’s Secret Celebrity Lounge and How to Book Singapore Suites in 90 Seconds. Can’t wait to see what I’m working on next? Follow along with all my travel adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat for a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming up on TPGtv, and don’t forget to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube — you’ll be notified as soon as each new episode appears.
Have you stayed at any of these Tokyo Hyatt hotels? Which one is your favorite? Sound off below.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards