This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you haven’t already guessed by now, I’m a really big fan of Hyatt-brand hotels. Big enough to stay at three different Hyatt properties in Tokyo during my epic trip to Japan. With Hyatt Diamond status and perks like free breakfast, suite upgrades and bonus points to help sweeten the deal, I eagerly booked two nights at the Park Hyatt Tokyo; two nights at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Roppongi; and two nights at the Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills.
So, how’d they stack up? Check out the video below for a sneak peek at each property and my tips for booking your own stay.
For more great TPGtv videos in our new, shorter format, check out the first three videos from our second season, 18 Ways Singapore Suites Will Blow Your Mind, Inside LAX’s Secret Celebrity Lounge and How to Book Singapore Suites in 90 Seconds. Can’t wait to see what I’m working on next? Follow along with all my travel adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat for a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming up on TPGtv, and don’t forget to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube — you’ll be notified as soon as each new episode appears.
Have you stayed at any of these Tokyo Hyatt hotels? Which one is your favorite? Sound off below.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.