This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Despite a recent devaluation, transferring Amex Membership Rewards points to British Airways still makes for a good redemption. While BA no longer offers its 4,500 one-way awards within the US, there’s still great value to be had within the program. Now through October 10, 2016, Amex is offering a bonus of 50% when you transfer Membership Rewards to Avios. Translation: if you transfer 250 Amex points, you’ll receive 300 Avios, whereas at the normal rate, transferring 250 Membership Rewards points would only get you 200 Avios.
To take advantage of the bonus, simply transfer Amex Membership Rewards points in increments of 250 until October 10, 2016. Keep in mind that if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, you can also transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to British Airways at a 1:1 ratio.
H/T: Running with Miles
Featured image of business class on BA’s refreshed 747.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees