Receive a 50% Bonus When You Transfer Amex Membership Rewards Points to British Airways
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Despite a recent devaluation, transferring Amex Membership Rewards points to British Airways still makes for a good redemption. While BA no longer offers its 4,500 one-way awards within the US, there’s still great value to be had within the program. Now through October 10, 2016, Amex is offering a bonus of 50% when you transfer Membership Rewards to Avios. Translation: if you transfer 250 Amex points, you’ll receive 300 Avios, whereas at the normal rate, transferring 250 Membership Rewards points would only get you 200 Avios.
To take advantage of the bonus, simply transfer Amex Membership Rewards points in increments of 250 until October 10, 2016. Keep in mind that if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, you can also transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to British Airways at a 1:1 ratio.
H/T: Running with Miles
Featured image of business class on BA’s refreshed 747.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees