This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin America is celebrating it’s ninth birthday today, and the San Francisco-based airline has a present for you: a special promotion where Elevate members can earn 999 Elevate bonus points just for enrolling, booking and flying between now and September 30, 2016 — if you’re not already an Elevate member, you can still create an account in order to be eligible.
To receive the 999 Elevate bonus points, you’ll need to enroll in Virgin America’s Unwrap Big Points promotion before booking your flight, which you must do — and fly on— between August 8, 2016 and September 30, 2016, on any route operated by Virgin America. Eligible flights don’t need to be round-trip, as completing one flight segment will still earn you the 999 Elevate bonus points. Note that award bookings do not count for this offer. If successfully completed, the 999 bonus points will post to your account four to six weeks after your qualifying flight.
At the same time, Virgin America is offering a big birthday fare sale, with one-way flights from $39 — these special fares must be purchased by 11:59pm CT on Wednesday, August 10, 2016. The carrier has also recently matched JetBlue’s Mint service prices on cross-country flights, making transcon flying even more affordable.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.