This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Previously on TPGtv, we took off for Africa. The trip was amazing, and I hope you got a good feel for that as we took you along gorilla trekking in Rwanda, boxing in Ghana, sandboarding in South Africa and much more. And now, I’m excited to let you know that in the next few episodes, we’ll be heading to Vietnam — here’s a sneak peek!
Vietnam has been on my travel bucket list for a long time, so when the opportunity presented itself to go, I jumped at it. But to get there, I maximized my time — and points and miles — by stopping over in London and Paris. On the trip, I made sure to take advantage of some things I had been meaning to do in both cities, including a stay at the new SPG property, the Great Northern Hotel.
Of course, you’ll have to stay tuned for the full details of the whole trip, which you’ll see broken down on each upcoming episode of TPGtv. In all, I earned 21,778 points and miles and redeemed 154,000 points and miles for the whole trip. Here’s a brief list of some of the stops you can expect to see over the next few episodes:
Great Northern Hotel London, part of Starwood’s Tribute Collection
Gin Journey London
Duck & Waffle Restaurant
Eurostar train to Paris
Vietnam Airlines A350 business class to Hanoi
Sofitel Metropole Legend Hanoi Hotel
Bun Cha cooking class at Qua Cho Que in Hanoi
Indochina Sails luxury junk cruise
Park Hyatt Saigon
Taking the stage at the Cong Nhan Theatre
So, stay tuned! I loved my time in Vietnam — and everything that went into getting there via Paris and London — and I can’t wait for you to experience it with me coming soon to TPGtv. Make sure you’re subscribed to The Points Guy on YouTube so you’re notified as soon as each new episode appears.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.