Which Travel Apps Do You Recommend to Track Points & Miles?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG reader Teresa sent me a message on Facebook to ask about travel apps:
“Can you recommend an app for tracking points, miles and promotions?”
Keeping rewards and loyalty accounts organized is a good way to avoid making some costly award travel mistakes. Thankfully, there are a number of tools out there that can help you stay on top of your points, miles and more. Best of all, many of them are free.
One of the most popular options is AwardWallet, which has both a web-based interface and a mobile app. You can track more than 650 loyalty programs, including most major airlines and hotels. In addition to points and miles, AwardWallet tracks rewards like free nights, bonuses and promotions and notifies you when rewards are expiring.
Several other apps also help you track your loyalty accounts, but come with additional services as well. Superfly offers a value-based flight search (taking mile and status into consideration) and allows you to manage multiple accounts, making it a good fit for families or businesses. Points.com lets you move rewards between your various accounts, though I don’t advise it since the exchange rates are generally terrible.
On the earning side of award travel, our own TPG To Go app can help you keep track of credit cards and sign-up bonuses to help you make sure you meet your spending requirements. The app also tells you which card in your wallet offers the best return for a given purchase, and you can even customize the recommendations by entering your own valuations of points and miles.
Many of these apps offer premium versions that come with extra features. I suggest trying out the free versions to see which ones best suit your needs and then pay to upgrade as you see fit.
For more online and mobile travel tools, check out these posts:
- Using the TPG To Go App and TPG Maximizer to Boost Rewards
- Travel Organization: Tracking Award Accounts and Travel Plans
- 10 Online Tools Every Award Traveler Should Bookmark
- 10 Travel Apps That Bring You the World
- 10 Essential Apps to Survive Holiday Travel
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees