Our New Partnership With PeaceJam & 1 Billion Acts of Peace!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I am proud to announce TPG’s supporting partnership with PeaceJam and the One Billion Acts of Peace campaign. This remarkable organization harnesses the resources and wisdom of 13 Nobel Peace Laureates (from Archbishop Desmond Tutu to the Dalai Lama) to inspire today’s youth to become leaders and create positive change on a global level. With over 17 years of experience, the PeaceJam Foundation is the leader in developing young activists and engaging them in their local and global communities.
As a supporting partner, we’ve made a donation of $75,000, but this partnership is much more than just a one-time check. That donation will help to fund three youth conference around the world, so I’ll be attending these conferences (in extremely interesting locations- stay tuned for details!) and taking TPG readers along for the ride via social media. A key part of our partnership is also supporting the One Billion Acts of Peace campaign along with founding sponsors like Google and Wells Fargo, which encourages people to log acts of peace sand share them online. To get things started, I’m participating in the One Billion Acts of Peace campaign and I challenge all of you to do the same.
For my first act of peace I will be donating my iMac to Housing Works in New York City, along with some travel books that have helped inspire me to explore the world.
Now it’s your turn, I challenge you to share your Act of Peace with the world by doing the following:
- Click here to “Create Your Project” on the 1BAOP website. Post a photo or video of you doing an Act of Peace and write a brief description of what you did and why it was so important.
- Share your photo or video and a sentence about your Act of Peace with all of your followers on social media, and ask them to submit an Act of Peace to 1BAOP.org.
- Challenge three people on Facebook (or any social media channel) to do an Act of Peace this week; “I challenge you to do an Act of Peace this week.”
So what exactly is an Act of Peace? It can be anything from conserving electricity to donating your miles to spending time with an underserved community. Share a cause that’s dear to your heart.
These are the 10 issues that PeaceJam identifies with:
- Access to water and other natural resources
- Ending racism and hate
- Halting the spread of global disease
- Eliminating extreme poverty
- Social justice and human rights for all
- Rights for women, children and their role as leaders
- Restoring the earth’s environment
- Controlling the proliferation of weapons
- Investing in human security
- Breaking the cycle of violence
More On Peace Jam
Through education, inspiration and action they’ve impacted:
- More than one million young people have participated in PeaceJam programming
- Hundreds of youth conferences have been held connecting youth with Nobel Peace Laureates
- Almost two million service projects have been developed by PeaceJam youth activists
What cause do you identify with strongly? How do you give back to your community? What will be your Act of Peace?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.