100,000 Point Sign Up Bonus on British Airways Visa is Back
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
One of the highest sign-up bonuses in the travel credit card world is back - the British Airways Visa Signature Card just launched a new sign-up bonus offer of 100,000 Avios. That’s double the usual 50,000 bonus they’ve been offering for the past several months since last year’s 100,000-mile bonus promotion ended, however to get the full bonus you’ll have to spend at least $20,000. (This is becoming a major theme of new card offers).
Here's how it works:
- You will get 50,000 bonus Avios after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- 25,000 bonus Avios after $10,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening.
- Plus an additional 25,000 bonus Avios after you make a total of $20,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening.
Additional card features and fees:
-Smart Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip-based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.
- 1 Avios points for every dollar spent on the card
- 3 Avios points per dollar spent on British Airways travel
- No foreign transaction fees
- Companion certificate after $30,000 in spend. This companion ticket allows a second miles redemption for free. So if you use 100,000 Avios points for a business class ticket from Los Angeles to London, the second business class ticket costs 0 miles (you only pay taxes). A huge value if used properly.
- $95 annual fee
We haven't seen a public offer this high on the card in a while, so if you've been waiting to get in on it, now is your chance. For more information on the card as well as how to maximize your Avios, check out my Maximizing British Airways Series whose posts include:
my new Maximizing British Airways Avios series. Other posts include:
-Master FAQ Post on British Airways 100,000 Mile Offer
-Spotlight on Taxes and Fees
-Travel Together Companion Ticket
-Using Avios to Upgrade Paid Tickets
-The Avios and Cash Option
-Using Avios For Non-Flight Redemptions
-Save Money on Taxes and Fuel Surcharges by Transferring Avios to Iberia
-Using British Airways Avios on Aer Lingus to Avoid Taxes and Fees