Amazing Deal Alert: JFK to Istanbul Business Class Roundtrip on Delta for $1,288 Total Roundtrip!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I love Istanbul almost as much as I love a super cheap business class airfare, so I got pretty excited when I saw business class fares from JFK to Istanbul on Delta for only $1,288 total roundtrip for travel this spring/summer!
You need to stay for at least 10 days – so this fare isn’t for everyone and it’s probably not ideal for mileage-running purposes. These fares book into S class, which is discounted business, but you still accrue 150% award miles and 150% MQM’s. The Medallion program is changing so that you will eventually have to spend a certain amount of money on Delta in order to earn elite status, but that doesn’t happen until 2014.
To find these fares, you can go to Delta.com -> Book a trip -> More search options.
Then enter JFK to IST, click the Flexible Dates box and select 3 +/- days to search your dates, Business/First and you’ll get a calendar of days showing the cheapest in yellow.
As you can see, the business class fares on this route are usually closer to $4,500, so you’re getting about a 70% discount.
The one thing to note is that these flights are operated on Delta’s 767-300’s, so you won’t get their newest BusinessElite product, but rather the old-school recliner seats. However, I find them to be pretty comfortable and easy to sleep on.
Coach fares on the same flights around the same dates are going for between $714-$848, so in my opinion, it’s worth paying a few hundred dollars’ worth for the premium experience rather than the several thousand it would normally cost.
If April/May doesn’t work for you, I still found some business class fares as low as $1,711 in June, which is still a pretty good discount.
I personally love Istanbul and had a great trip there last year when I stayed at the Park Hyatt. It’s a fantastic city where there is plenty to see, do and eat – so if you want to plan an epic vacation, these could be great fares to get you to Turkey and from there you can explore the country or hop around to other adjacent countries like Greece.
To make sure you get the latest news on amazing deals and great fares, be sure to follow my new Twitter feed specifically for these alerts at @TPG_Alerts.
Hat tip: FlyerTalk “Good Deal Premium Fares” thread.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees