Amazing Deal Alert: JFK to Istanbul Business Class Roundtrip on Delta for $1,288 Total Roundtrip!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I love Istanbul almost as much as I love a super cheap business class airfare, so I got pretty excited when I saw business class fares from JFK to Istanbul on Delta for only $1,288 total roundtrip for travel this spring/summer!
You need to stay for at least 10 days – so this fare isn’t for everyone and it’s probably not ideal for mileage-running purposes. These fares book into S class, which is discounted business, but you still accrue 150% award miles and 150% MQM’s. The Medallion program is changing so that you will eventually have to spend a certain amount of money on Delta in order to earn elite status, but that doesn’t happen until 2014.
To find these fares, you can go to Delta.com -> Book a trip -> More search options.
Then enter JFK to IST, click the Flexible Dates box and select 3 +/- days to search your dates, Business/First and you’ll get a calendar of days showing the cheapest in yellow.
As you can see, the business class fares on this route are usually closer to $4,500, so you’re getting about a 70% discount.
The one thing to note is that these flights are operated on Delta’s 767-300’s, so you won’t get their newest BusinessElite product, but rather the old-school recliner seats. However, I find them to be pretty comfortable and easy to sleep on.
Coach fares on the same flights around the same dates are going for between $714-$848, so in my opinion, it’s worth paying a few hundred dollars’ worth for the premium experience rather than the several thousand it would normally cost.
If April/May doesn’t work for you, I still found some business class fares as low as $1,711 in June, which is still a pretty good discount.
I personally love Istanbul and had a great trip there last year when I stayed at the Park Hyatt. It’s a fantastic city where there is plenty to see, do and eat – so if you want to plan an epic vacation, these could be great fares to get you to Turkey and from there you can explore the country or hop around to other adjacent countries like Greece.
To make sure you get the latest news on amazing deals and great fares, be sure to follow my new Twitter feed specifically for these alerts at @TPG_Alerts.
Hat tip: FlyerTalk “Good Deal Premium Fares” thread.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.