Hyatt Summer Promo: Up To 5X Airline Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most hotel programs give you the option to earn airline miles instead of hotel points, however I never really take them up on that offer since I usually have way too many airline miles and not enough hotel points. Having miles is great, but people always underestimate the costs of hotels and especially if you are traveling to places where the exchange rate works against you, like Europe, hotel points can be extremely valuable.
Hyatt Gold Passport just released details of its summer promotion and between May 1, 2012, and August 31, 2012, you can get up to 5x airline miles with 12 airline partners on up to 11 hotel stays. If you choose airline miles you normally get 500 points, so with this promotion you can get up to 2,500 per stay and you can choose to earn with different airline partners throughout the promotion.
The maximum haul from this promo is 24,500 airline miles, which doesn’t really get me too excited. I’d much rather see an option to earn 2/3/4/5x Hyatt points. I wish Hyatt would take a page out of Starwood’s book and allow their members to have a choice, though overall I don’t think the promo is horrible – it’s just not going to incentivize me to stay Hyatt at all.
As you can see from the table above (taken from the American Airlines promo page):
1 stay = regular base miles (500)
2-3 stays = 4x miles (500 base + 1,500 bonus)
4-11 stays (the max) = (500 + 2,000 bonus)
For American, that means you could earn up to 24,500 miles total with 11 stays. This is best for folks who do a lot of short (one-night, two-night) stays and rack up the miles that way.
Here are links to all the participating airlines:
ANA Mileage Club
British Airways Executive Club
Flying Blue-Air France/KLM
Lufthansa Miles & More
Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
United Airlines Mileage Plu
HOW TO REGISTER: Between May 1, 2012 and August 31, 2012 (“Promotion Period”), you can register for Promotion via hyatt.com/AASUM12A or by calling 1-800-228-3360 and requesting enrollment code AA12S. You must register in advance for stays to qualify. Stays completed before registration are not eligible. You only need to register once.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: After registering for the Promotion, complete two (2) or more stays at any participating Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Place® , Hyatt House™ or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide between May 1, 2012 and August 31, 2012 (“Stay Period”) and request AAdvantage miles for each Eligible Stay. You must provide your AAdvantage number at check-in for each Eligible Stay. For each Eligible Stay during the Stay Period, you will earn the AAdvantage miles as summarized in the chart below. An Eligible Stay is a stay at a participating hotel during the Stay Period with at least one (1) Eligible Night during the stay and request AAdvantage miles for each stay. For the purpose of this Promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as one (1) night at any participating hotel or resort at an Eligible Rate when choosing AAdvantage miles as the method of loyalty reward upon check-in at a participating Hyatt property and paying an Eligible Rate (as defined below). Award nights do not constitute an Eligible Night. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for the room they physically occupy, regardless of the number of paid rooms. Only stays that occur after registration for Promotion will be counted as Eligible Stays.
A maximum of 24,500 AAdvantage miles per Hyatt Gold Passport member may be earned under this Promotion. For the purpose of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” is defined in the Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions which can be found at http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-service/gp-terms-conditions.jsp.
PLEASE NOTE: You may only register for this Promotion once (regardless of the airline partner). If you register for this Promotion for more than one airline loyalty program, you will only earn the Additional miles set forth above under the Promotion for the airline loyalty program that you provided at check-in during your first Eligible Stay during the Promotion Period. If you select a different airline during your subsequent Eligible Stays, your additional miles will be awarded for the airline loyalty program that you provided at check-in during your first Eligible Stay during the Promotion Period.
MILES POSTING: Please allow three to four (3 – 4) weeks after checkout for AAdvantage miles to be posted to your AAdvantage account (allow 4-6 weeks for AAdvantage miles from stays outside the U.S.).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.