Delta SkyBonus Double Points Promos
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in February, I wrote about maximizing airlines’ business frequent flyer programs, and it just so happens that Delta’s SkyBonus program is currently running several double points promotion to boost traffic as it builds its new domestic hub at LaGuardia, and its SkyTeam partners launch seasonal services between select destinations.
SkyBonus members can earn double points by flying on over a dozen Delta-marketed and operated non-stop routes between LGA and the following cities between now and June 30, 2012:
- Albany, NY (ALB)
- Burlington, VT (BTV)
- Buffalo, NY (BUF)
- Washington-Dulles (IAD)
- Manchester, NH (MHT)
- Rochester, NY (ROC)
- Syracuse, NY (SYR)
- Birmingham, AL (BHM)
- Charleston, SC (CHS)
- Greensboro, NC (GSO)
- Norfolk, VA (ORF)
- Richmond, VA (RIC)
- Savannah, GA (SAV)
- Louisville, KY (SDF)
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
- Miami, FL (MIA)
- Ft. Myers, FL (RSW)
- Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)
- Indianapolis, IN (IND)
Just make sure you log on to the SkyBonus page, click the “Your SkyBonus” tab and then the link to “Promotions” to register for the new route bonuses before you make your ticket purchases. Bonus points will be credited to your account between 3-12 weeks after qualifying travel is completed.
Double Points on Transatlantic Travel
In addition to the LGA-based promo, SkyBonus is also offering double points for all transatlantic travel purchased and flown in premium classes before June 30, 2012 (travel must commence by that date), and one-way tickets also qualify for the bonus.
Double Points DFW-AMS on KLM
KLM is beginning AMS-DFW non-stop service five times a week beginning April 30 and running through October 26, and companies with SkyBonus accounts will not only get double points for all purchased tickets in premium classes, but coach passengers will also have the opportunity to earn a bonus of 1,500 bonus points for economy tickets on this route. The bonus is available for one-way tickets, and tickets that include segments beyond DFW and AMS. To be eligible, tickets must be purchased between April 30, 2012 and August 31, 2012, with travel commencing by August 31.
1,500 Point Bonus to Paris
SkyBonus accounts are also eligible for 1,500 bonus points for travel in coach between Boston, Houston and Washington Dulles and Paris Charles de Gaulle on Delta-coded non-stop flights through May 31, 2012 (travel must commence by May 31). One-way travel will also qualify for bonus points, no word in the T&C about whether these itineraries can include travel beyond CDG and the three US hubs.
Just as a reminder, Delta SkyBonus is free to sign up and they don’t actually require any proof of your business. You can earn and redeem points on Delta and partners including Air France, KLM and Alitalia. Use promo code SB2012NEW for 25,000 points just for signing up!
Businesses can earn up to 30 SkyBonus points per dollar on purchased business class fares or 6 points on all other fares, but only 10 SkyBonus points per dollar on business fares or 3 points on other fares to/from Delta hubs ATL, CVG, DTW, MEM, MSP and SLC.
You can then redeem earned points on things as small as 10 drinks coupons (10,000 points), a Delta SkyClub one-visit pass (30,000 points) or a free coach roundtrip ticket in the US (85,000) and even Silver Medallion Status (100,000 points)
Opening a SkyBonus membership could be a great way to double dip on Delta SkyMiles for tickets you’re already purchasing and crediting toward your individual SkyMiles account, plus you can then use those points for additional perks and travel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.