Delta SkyBonus Double Points Promos
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in February, I wrote about maximizing airlines’ business frequent flyer programs, and it just so happens that Delta’s SkyBonus program is currently running several double points promotion to boost traffic as it builds its new domestic hub at LaGuardia, and its SkyTeam partners launch seasonal services between select destinations.
SkyBonus members can earn double points by flying on over a dozen Delta-marketed and operated non-stop routes between LGA and the following cities between now and June 30, 2012:
- Albany, NY (ALB)
- Burlington, VT (BTV)
- Buffalo, NY (BUF)
- Washington-Dulles (IAD)
- Manchester, NH (MHT)
- Rochester, NY (ROC)
- Syracuse, NY (SYR)
- Birmingham, AL (BHM)
- Charleston, SC (CHS)
- Greensboro, NC (GSO)
- Norfolk, VA (ORF)
- Richmond, VA (RIC)
- Savannah, GA (SAV)
- Louisville, KY (SDF)
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
- Miami, FL (MIA)
- Ft. Myers, FL (RSW)
- Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)
- Indianapolis, IN (IND)
Just make sure you log on to the SkyBonus page, click the “Your SkyBonus” tab and then the link to “Promotions” to register for the new route bonuses before you make your ticket purchases. Bonus points will be credited to your account between 3-12 weeks after qualifying travel is completed.
Double Points on Transatlantic Travel
In addition to the LGA-based promo, SkyBonus is also offering double points for all transatlantic travel purchased and flown in premium classes before June 30, 2012 (travel must commence by that date), and one-way tickets also qualify for the bonus.
Double Points DFW-AMS on KLM
KLM is beginning AMS-DFW non-stop service five times a week beginning April 30 and running through October 26, and companies with SkyBonus accounts will not only get double points for all purchased tickets in premium classes, but coach passengers will also have the opportunity to earn a bonus of 1,500 bonus points for economy tickets on this route. The bonus is available for one-way tickets, and tickets that include segments beyond DFW and AMS. To be eligible, tickets must be purchased between April 30, 2012 and August 31, 2012, with travel commencing by August 31.
1,500 Point Bonus to Paris
SkyBonus accounts are also eligible for 1,500 bonus points for travel in coach between Boston, Houston and Washington Dulles and Paris Charles de Gaulle on Delta-coded non-stop flights through May 31, 2012 (travel must commence by May 31). One-way travel will also qualify for bonus points, no word in the T&C about whether these itineraries can include travel beyond CDG and the three US hubs.
Just as a reminder, Delta SkyBonus is free to sign up and they don’t actually require any proof of your business. You can earn and redeem points on Delta and partners including Air France, KLM and Alitalia. Use promo code SB2012NEW for 25,000 points just for signing up!
Businesses can earn up to 30 SkyBonus points per dollar on purchased business class fares or 6 points on all other fares, but only 10 SkyBonus points per dollar on business fares or 3 points on other fares to/from Delta hubs ATL, CVG, DTW, MEM, MSP and SLC.
You can then redeem earned points on things as small as 10 drinks coupons (10,000 points), a Delta SkyClub one-visit pass (30,000 points) or a free coach roundtrip ticket in the US (85,000) and even Silver Medallion Status (100,000 points)
Opening a SkyBonus membership could be a great way to double dip on Delta SkyMiles for tickets you’re already purchasing and crediting toward your individual SkyMiles account, plus you can then use those points for additional perks and travel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees