Chase British Airways 100,000 Mile Bonus is Back!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The day points pros have been waiting for is finally back! Chase is again offering the British Airways Visa with a 100,000 Avios points bonus. That’s double the usual 50,000 bonus they’ve been offering for the past several months since last year’s 100,000-mile bonus promotion ended, however to get the full bonus you’ll have to spend at least $20,000. (This is becoming a major theme of new card offers). I was hesitant to write about this at first because this week has been crazy with multiple Chase offers being pulled, but Chase just confirmed this is indeed launching and I’ll have my affiliate links on Monday.
• You will get 50,000 bonus Avios after your first purchase
• 25,000 bonus Avios after you make $10,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening
• Plus an additional 25,000 bonus Avios after you make a total of $20,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening
Additional card features and fees:
–New: Smart Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip-based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.
– 1.25 Avios points for every dollar spent on the card
– 2.5 Avios points per dollar spent on British Airways travel
– No foreign transaction fees
– Companion certificate after $30,000 in spend. This companion ticket allows a second miles redemption for free. So if you use 100,000 Avios points for a business class ticket from Los Angeles to London, the second business class ticket costs 0 miles (you only pay taxes). A huge value if used properly.
– $95 annual fee
The T&C of the offer state that this is for first-time British Airways Visa holders, so if you already have one, your odds of getting this bonus again are very slim.
Even with the downsides of the Avios program, this is a great deal if you fly British Airways, and very useful for redeeming for awards on BA’s Oneworld alliance partners like American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Qantas, LAN Chile/Peru/ Argentina, Japan Airlines, Iberia, Finn Air, Royal Jordanian, Malev, Mexicana and S7 (Russian) airlines.
The New TPG Maximizing British Airways Avios Series
Last year I did a 10 part series on How to Use British Airways Miles and I’ve been meaning to refresh the series since British Airways made key changes to the program in November. Next week I’ll start highlighting the best ways to maximizing Avios, so even if you already have the card or are going to transfer points from American Express Membership Rewards (at a current 5o% bonus) or Chase Ultimate Rewards you can understand how to get the most out of the program.
New Maximizing Avios Series
-A Spotlight on Fees–Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
-Award Pricing–Maximizing the Avios Distance-Based Formula
-Using Avios to Upgrade Paid TIckets
-The Miles & Cash Option
-The “Travel Together” Companion Ticket
-Calling In To Book Awards: The Best Option With BA
-Tools to Find Award Tickets
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees