American Launches Double Miles (Including Elite) on Chicago/Dallas to LA/San Francisco
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year American, United and Virgin America engaged in an all out battle for the Dallas and Chicago trans-continental (LA/San Francisco routes), offering lucrative double elite mile bonuses.
“While they all expired in September, American just re-instated their promotion for all AAdvantage members living in Illinois or Texas. Details:
Your miles will add up quickly with this great promotion! Not only that, but this offer allows you to qualify or re-qualify for AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum® or AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status faster than ever. Just book round-trip travel and fly on American Airlines between Chicago O’Hare and Los Angeles or San Francisco between now and March 31, 2012. To earn double flight miles AND double-elite qualifying miles, simply:
- Book and complete travel by March 31, 2012
- Register prior to travel using promotion code DEQ11
With 10 nonstop flights each business day between Chicago O’Hare and Los Angeles and 6 flights each business day between Chicago O’Hare and San Francisco, we can take you where you need to be, when you need to be there.”
Key things to note:
1) The address in your AAdvantage account has to be Illinois, California or Texas to be eligible for this promotion. In case your profile is outdated, it can be changed instantly online through aa.com
2) This is for travel booked from yesterday thru March 31, 2012. I don’t believe existing trips will count, though I could be wrong
3) The double EQMs are only on the Dallas or Chicago to LA or San Francisco. So if you fly Boston-Chicago-San Francisco, you will get the double miles only for the Chicago-San Francisco segment.
Overall, this is a great way to expedite your elite status before the year ends. Airlines are generally big copy cats, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see United match this promotion and for Virgin America to offer some sort of bonus.
Offer only applies to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in California, Illinois or Texas. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between Chicago (ORD) or Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from October 27, 2011 through March 31, 2012. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after October 27, 2011, to be eligible. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year. This offer does not increment the member’s elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between Chicago or DFW and Los Angeles or between Chicago or DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Earn 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and at US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 per calendar year for baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, when available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc.
- Over 1.5 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017.
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the 1st year, then $195.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees