British Airways Visa NYC Michelin Promotion and a Chance to Dine with TPG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I, like many of you, got in on the British Airways 100,000 mile bonus this spring and I recently received an interesting NYC dining promotion, which sparked my interest:
“Use your British Airways Visa® Card at any NYC MICHELIN Guide 2011 star-rated restaurant today through October 1, 2011. Dine once and receive a $50 statement credit. Dine twice and receive another $50 statement credit for a total of $100. Minimum purchase of $50 each time you dine.1”
I’ve been on a contest kick lately and I’ve also gotten the chance to meet up with several TPG readers (which have all turned into really interesting conversations), so I thought I’d take advantage of this promo and invite a reader to lunch or dinner at one of the one star restaurants in NYC. I love you all, but I’m not splurging on a thousand dollar meal at Per Se!
Here’s how to win: I’ve selected the restaurant I want to go to, so you have to make one guess from the list (below). You can enter a total of two times – once in the comments section of this post and once via Twitter, follow me and then Tweet me @thepointsguy and include your restaurant guess and include hashtag #dinewithTPG.
Enter by Sunday August 7, 2011 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. You don’t have to be NYC based, but I will not pay for transportation, so you’ll have to find a way to be here on a day when I’m in NYC and before this promo ends on October 1, 2011. If multiple people guess the right restaurant, I’ll choose a random winner.
Good luck! Make your guess from the following restaurants…
|Adour||Midtown East||Contemporary||Top class comfortable||212-710-2277|
|Aldea (New)||Gramercy / Flatiron||Mediterranean||Comfortable||212-675-7223|
|Annisa Manhattan||West Village||Contemporary||Comfortable||212-741-6699|
|Aureole||Midtown West||Contemporary||Very comfortable||212-319-1660|
|A Voce Columbus||Midtown West||Italian||Very comfortable||212-823-2523|
|A Voce Madison||Gramercy / Flatiron||Italian||Comfortable||212-545-8555|
|Blue Hill||West Village||American||Comfortable||212-539-1776|
|Bouley||TriBeCa – Downtown||Contemporary||Top class comfortable||212-964-2525|
|Café Boulud||Upper East Side||French||Very comfortable||212-772-2600|
|Casa Mono||Union Square||Spanish||Quite comfortable||212-253-2773|
|Danny Brown Wine Bar & Kitchen||Forest Hills||Mediterranean||Comfortable||718-261-2144|
|Del Posto||Chelsea||Italian||Top class comfortable||212-497-8090|
|Dovetail||Upper West Side||Contemporary||Comfortable||212-362-3800|
|Eleven Madison||Gramercy / Flatiron||Contemporary||Top class comfortable||212-889-0905|
|Gotham Bar and Grill||Greenwich, West Village & Meatpacking District||Contemporary||Very comfortable||212-620-4020|
|Gramercy Tavern||Gramercy / Flatiron||Contemporary||Very comfortable||212-477-0777|
|Jewel Bako||East Village||Japanese||Quite comfortable||212-979-1012|
|Kyo Ya||East Village||Japanese||Comfortable||212-982-4140|
|L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon||Midtown East||Contemporary||Comfortable||212-829-3844|
|Laut||Grammercy / FlatironAsian||Asian||Quite comfortable||212-206-8989|
|Marc Forgione||TriBeCa – Downtown||American||Comfortable||212-941-9401|
|Minetta Tavern||West Village||Gastropub||Quite comfortable||212-475-3850|
|The Modern||Midtown West||Contemporary||Very comfortable||212-333-1220|
|Oceana||Midtown West||Seafood||Very comfortable||212-759-5941|
|River Café||Brooklyn||Contemporary||Very comfortable||718-522-5200|
|Rouge Tomate||Midtown East||Contemporary||Very comfortable||646-237-8977|
|Shalezeh||Upper East Side||Persian||Comfortable||212-288-0012|
|SHO Shaun Hergatt||Financial District||Contemporary||Very comfortable||212-809-3993|
|Spotted Pig||West Village||Gastropub||Quite comfortable||212-620-0393|
|Sushi Azabu||TriBeCa||Japanese||Quite comfortable||212-274-0428|
|Sushi of Gari||Upper East Side||Japanese||Quite comfortable||212-517-5340|
|Veritas||Gramercy, Flatiron & Union Square||Contemporary||Comfortable||212-353-3700|
|wd~50||Lower East Side||Contemporary||Comfortable||212-477-2900|
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees