2,300 Delta Miles for $5 Verizon Charger
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Deal is dead!
Shopping malls are lucrative business for the airlines. They don’t run these sites, but instead sell miles to these third party companies who then offer special amounts to incentivize frequent-flyer mile obsessed people to shop through their portals. Every time you click through their portal, they get a certain kickback from the retailer that more than covers the cost of the miles they gives you. Everybody wins, right?
Lately there have been some snafus. The American shopping website had a glitch showing 83,000 miles for some small ticket items and Gary is covering the drama on his site. (Some people have gotten 2,500 mile offers for the mix-up, which I think is a nice consolation- especially if they allow free returns).
Today I read on Flyertalk that the Delta shopping mall is offering 2,300 Delta Skymiles for a $5 Verizon phone charger. I do not think this is a mistake, though it takes a couple weeks for these miles to post to your Delta account so we will have to wait and see. There’s nothing that I can see that prohibits multiple orders, though I wouldn’t recommend going out of control. If you are near a Verizon store, since these come with free shipping, I see little risk in this promo if you are willing to invest the time- worst case scenario is you return them for a full refund.
To get this, just first go to the Delta Shopping homepage and enter your Skymiles number on the left side of the page as highlighted below
Then click to this link and you’ll see the option to buy the charger.
You’ll then get directed to the Verizon home page and see the confirmation that you’ll get 2,300 miles for your purchase.
Once you see the item, it won’t let you add to your cart unless you verify the compatibility with your phone. So verify that you have a Palm phone and it was a little tricky for me- a bunch of compatible accessories pulled up, but I narrowed it down to chargers and the $4.97 charger showed up and I added it to my cart and checked out. I even got free shopping!
2,300 miles for $4.97 and 5 minutes of my time is a good deal to me!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.