1,000 Free Frontier Points or Other Miles/Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Airlines is giving 1,000 free points for signing up for their free frequent flyer program. Frontier is based in Denver and is an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner, but if you never have any intention of flying them, you should still get the points, because they can be converted to other programs (see list below).
All you need to do is sign up for an account here.
Then get a points.com account here (if you don’t already have one).
Then add your Frontier account to your points.com profile by just clicking Add programs -> Airlines. You may have to refresh your home screen after you’ve clicked on Frontier and it will load in your main screen.
Then click “Register program” and add your first and last name and Frontier number (which will be emailed to you after you register).
You’ll then see the 1,000 points listed. Click “Exchange.”
Then select “Move out of a program” and select Frontier and 1,000 miles.
Scroll to the bottom and you’ll see “Exchange – swap between your own programs.”
In order to exchange, you will have had to add whatever program you want to swap into.
I chose American and I got 153 miles. Not the best deal ever, but it only took me about 10 minutes. At that rate, I’d accrue a business class award in only 108 hours! Also, this is an easy way to extend the expiration of any accounts, for example AA miles expire after 18 months of no activity- this would reset that clock.
But hey, every mile counts!
Hat tip to View from the Wing!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees