Up to 20% Off Marriott Gift Certificates Today Only With Amex Discover America Daily Getaways
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today marks the return of American Express’ Daily Getaways program, where they sell off a limited number of travel deals. As I wrote about last week, over the next two weeks, we will see offers from Marriott, Avis, Hertz, Hyatt, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western- among others.
Today is Marriott and they have gift certificates for 11% off. However, if you use an American Express card to pay for the purchase, you get an additional 10% discount, bringing the total discount to 20%. Gift card denominations are:
$50, sale price $44, price with Amex: $39.60
$100, sale price $89, price with Amex: $80.10
$250, sale price $222, price with Amex: $199.80
$500, sale price $445, price with Amex: $400.50
$1,000, sale price $890, price with Amex: $801
For example, a $1,000 Marriott gift card is retailing for $890 and with the 10% Amex discount, you only pay $801- not a bad deal at all, especially because you earn points on the purchase as well as when you redeem the gift cards for stays.
The sale starts at noon EST, so I recommend getting your browser lined up, because I have a feeling these will go quickly.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees