Up to 20% Off Marriott Gift Certificates Today Only With Amex Discover America Daily Getaways
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today marks the return of American Express’ Daily Getaways program, where they sell off a limited number of travel deals. As I wrote about last week, over the next two weeks, we will see offers from Marriott, Avis, Hertz, Hyatt, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western- among others.
Today is Marriott and they have gift certificates for 11% off. However, if you use an American Express card to pay for the purchase, you get an additional 10% discount, bringing the total discount to 20%. Gift card denominations are:
$50, sale price $44, price with Amex: $39.60
$100, sale price $89, price with Amex: $80.10
$250, sale price $222, price with Amex: $199.80
$500, sale price $445, price with Amex: $400.50
$1,000, sale price $890, price with Amex: $801
For example, a $1,000 Marriott gift card is retailing for $890 and with the 10% Amex discount, you only pay $801- not a bad deal at all, especially because you earn points on the purchase as well as when you redeem the gift cards for stays.
The sale starts at noon EST, so I recommend getting your browser lined up, because I have a feeling these will go quickly.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.