New Hyatt Credit Card- Instant Platinum Status and Two Free Nights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt recently announced that they are launching a co-branded Visa credit card. (Application link)
For the $75 annual fee, you get:
1) Two free nights at any Hyatt (including Park Hyatt) after $1,000 spend within the first 3 months.
2) Instant Platinum status, which means 15% bonus points and enhanced customer service
3) 3 Gold Passport points per dollar spent at Hyatt hotels
4) 1 Gold Passport point per dollar spent on all other purchases
5) No foreign transaction fees
6) Lost baggage/ trip insurance
Overall, if you use the free nights at top tier hotels, its roughly a sign-up value of 44,000 points- pretty good in the scheme of hotel cards and on-par with the 30,000 Starwood promo that was run earlier this summer.
Overall, I think the card is a pretty good deal for $75. However, I’d still probably recommend the Starwood Amex because Starwood points transfer to airlines at much better ratios (1 point = 1.25 airline miles when you transfer 20,000, whereas 1 Hyatt point = .5 airline miles when transferring 50,000).
Welcome to The Points Guy!