New Hyatt Credit Card- Instant Platinum Status and Two Free Nights
Hyatt recently announced that they are launching a co-branded Visa credit card. (Application link)
For the $75 annual fee, you get:
1) Two free nights at any Hyatt (including Park Hyatt) after $1,000 spend within the first 3 months.
2) Instant Platinum status, which means 15% bonus points and enhanced customer service
3) 3 Gold Passport points per dollar spent at Hyatt hotels
4) 1 Gold Passport point per dollar spent on all other purchases
5) No foreign transaction fees
6) Lost baggage/ trip insurance
Overall, if you use the free nights at top tier hotels, its roughly a sign-up value of 44,000 points- pretty good in the scheme of hotel cards and on-par with the 30,000 Starwood promo that was run earlier this summer.
Overall, I think the card is a pretty good deal for $75. However, I'd still probably recommend the Starwood Amex because Starwood points transfer to airlines at much better ratios (1 point = 1.25 airline miles when you transfer 20,000, whereas 1 Hyatt point = .5 airline miles when transferring 50,000).