ZIPAIR will launch low-cost service from Narita to LAX on Christmas Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ZIPAIR is offering a Christmas present to anyone looking for a low-fare option between Tokyo and Los Angeles. Starting on Dec. 25, the airline will commence nonstop service between Narita International Airport (NRT) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Officials made the announcement at a press conference on Nov. 12.
“There is a growing demand for nonstop flights between LAX and Narita International Airport, and we are pleased that ZIPAIR shares our desire to provide additional options for our guests who want to experience the food, culture, art and history of Japan and the surrounding region,” Becca Doten, deputy executive director of public and government affairs at Los Angeles World Airports said in the release announcing the new service.
Related: Ways to use points in Tokyo
Reservations have opened for the new flights. TPG found one-way fares in January from LAX to NRT ranging from USD $361 for a “Standard Value” seat to $1,025 for a seat in “ZIP Full-Flat Value.” (Airfares are slightly lower for travelers under the age of seven.)
Fares include taxes and fees, and one carry-on. Additional charges do apply for optional inflight meals, checked baggage and seat selection.
ZIPAIR prides itself on its “contactless inflight experience,” which includes a self-ordering payment system for meals and goods through a personal smartphone or tablet. Its aircraft interiors have been treated with a “sustained antiviral and antibacterial coating.” And it is using the digital VeriFLY app to check that passengers have complied with entry requirements
“Our mission is to define a new standard in the air travel industry by offering a unique low-cost business model on long-haul international routes,” said ZIPAIR Tokyo President Shingo Nishida at the press conference.
In addition to Los Angeles, ZIPAIR currently offers service to four international destinations: Bangkok, Seoul, Honolulu and Singapore.
Featured image by Phattana Stock/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees