You can now request an invite to the Amex Centurion card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The American Express Centurion card (available in both personal and business versions) is one of the mosts exclusive credit cards on the market, available by invitation-only to Amex’s biggest spenders. There are no clear guidelines on what it takes to earn an invitation, though multiple reports suggest that you need to spend at least $250,000 a year across all of your Amex cards in order to be considered.
If you click on the link at the bottom that says “Interested in Centurion Membership? Click Here” you’ll be directed to a form that asks you to input the information from one of your Amex credit cards.
Submitting the form won’t get you an instant decision, but rather if you’re eligible, Amex will reach out to begin the application and initiation process.
New to The Points Guy? Want to learn more about credit card points and miles? Sign up for our daily newsletter
Amex Centurion card
The Amex Centurion card has always been a very interesting and expensive value proposition. New cardmembers need to pay a $10,000 initiation fee and a $5,000 annual fee, making this one of the most expensive credit cards out there.
If you manage to get invited, this also isn’t a card you’ll want to put much, if any spending on, as it only earns 1 Membership Reward point per dollar spent, with a 50% bonus for purchases over $5,000.
So how does Amex justify such hefty fees, including a total of at least $15,000 in the first year alone? It all comes down to the soft perks of the Centurion card, which is sure to forever change the way you travel. Centurion cardholders enjoy Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond and Marriott Gold status.
One of the biggest perks of Centurion membership, in addition to access to exclusive lifestyle events and some very expensive surprise gifts, is the personal concierge who can help arrange all of your travel, restaurant reservations and more. It’s hard to put a value on an individual, but TPG loves his concierge enough to keep renewing his Amex Business Centurion card year after year.
The concierge was able to help evacuate TPG from Bali when a volcano eruption closed the airport. The concierge arranged a combination of vans, ferries and planes, at a time when thousands of other travelers were trying to get off the island. This is in addition to more “normal” functions like arranging tours and excursions and helping you score reservations at exclusive restaurants.
The information for the Amex Centurion card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Further Reading: The inside scoop on the Amex Centurion (black) card
For most people, the Centurion card is a hard-to-justify expense, even if you’re one of the lucky few who gets invited to apply. There’s been no indication that Amex is at all loosening the eligibility requirements for the card, but it’s still interesting to see them making a very secretive product slightly more visible to the public.
(Featured photo by The Points Guy)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees