You Can Now Preselect Your Meals on Singapore Airlines Premium Economy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beginning May 1, premium-economy passengers can pre-select the meal of their choice off of the in-flight menu either through the airline website or mobile app, as early as three weeks before their flight, and up to 24 hours before departure time.
Singapore Suites, business and first class travelers have had access to the pre-order service for some time now. And while the popular Book the Cook service has been available to premium economy travelers since Singapore launched the cabin class in 2015, the new in-flight menu pre-order is a separate service altogether. In other words, if you’re traveling in premium economy, you now have two options: pre-ordering from the in-flight menu or pre-ordering from the Book the Cook menu.
Children in all cabin classes are also getting more dining options to suit their palates. Soon, parents in coach class will be able to pre-order meals for kids ages 2-12 off of the Child Meal menu from three different cuisine categories: Asian, Western and vegetarian. This option will start with flights departing Singapore in June 2019, and roll out to all flights by August 2019. (Premium flyer kids already have access to the Yummy! menu, which includes a number of options including three “Healthier Yummy!” options.)
Meanwhile, Indian-style vegetarian and Muslim meal options will be expanded and rotated on a more frequent basis, so frequent flyers aren’t forced to eat the same food on both legs of a round-trip flight.
And just to keep things interesting, the world’s longest flight will keep its dining edge against all of Singapore’s other routes by adding super fresh greens to its menu for premium travelers, picked within 24 hours of flight departure time from a facility less than five miles from Newark International Airport (EWR).
The greens come from AeroFarms, an innovative “aeroponics” brand that turned an abandoned steel mill into an “indoor vertical farm.” The company says the facility grows the equivalent of 390 acres of produce on a single acre of special “growing cloth medium” that uses calibrated LED lights, strict temperature and humidity controls, and a careful blend of water and nutrient spray in lieu of soil and sunshine.
Featured photo courtesy of Singapore Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees