You Can Now Preselect Your Meals on Singapore Airlines Premium Economy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beginning May 1, premium-economy passengers can pre-select the meal of their choice off of the in-flight menu either through the airline website or mobile app, as early as three weeks before their flight, and up to 24 hours before departure time.
Singapore Suites, business and first class travelers have had access to the pre-order service for some time now. And while the popular Book the Cook service has been available to premium economy travelers since Singapore launched the cabin class in 2015, the new in-flight menu pre-order is a separate service altogether. In other words, if you’re traveling in premium economy, you now have two options: pre-ordering from the in-flight menu or pre-ordering from the Book the Cook menu.
Children in all cabin classes are also getting more dining options to suit their palates. Soon, parents in coach class will be able to pre-order meals for kids ages 2-12 off of the Child Meal menu from three different cuisine categories: Asian, Western and vegetarian. This option will start with flights departing Singapore in June 2019, and roll out to all flights by August 2019. (Premium flyer kids already have access to the Yummy! menu, which includes a number of options including three “Healthier Yummy!” options.)
Meanwhile, Indian-style vegetarian and Muslim meal options will be expanded and rotated on a more frequent basis, so frequent flyers aren’t forced to eat the same food on both legs of a round-trip flight.
And just to keep things interesting, the world’s longest flight will keep its dining edge against all of Singapore’s other routes by adding super fresh greens to its menu for premium travelers, picked within 24 hours of flight departure time from a facility less than five miles from Newark International Airport (EWR).
The greens come from AeroFarms, an innovative “aeroponics” brand that turned an abandoned steel mill into an “indoor vertical farm.” The company says the facility grows the equivalent of 390 acres of produce on a single acre of special “growing cloth medium” that uses calibrated LED lights, strict temperature and humidity controls, and a careful blend of water and nutrient spray in lieu of soil and sunshine.
Featured photo courtesy of Singapore Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.