Premium Flyers Can Now Preorder Meals on All Singapore Airlines Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines already operates what’s arguably the world’s most sophisticated inflight catering platform, in Book the Cook, but for one reason or another, it isn’t available on every single route — the carrier’s Newark-Singapore flagship (and world’s longest flight) is one extraordinary exception, for example. But it seems that SQ’s managed to cook up a solution, so to speak.
Thursday, the airline announced that it would be adding entree pre-ordering to every single flight it operates — passengers traveling in Singapore Suites, first class, business class and eventually premium economy will be able to view the inflight menu and select their main course anytime between three weeks and 24 hours prior to departure, regardless of origin or destination.
Fortunately, this does not replace Book the Cook — you’ll still have access to that program wherever it’s available today, offering up to 68 options, from wonton soup to lobster Thermidor, depending on the route.
Instead, pre-order picks will likely be presented directly to the crew, so flight attendants know which passengers get priority for certain dishes. I imagine that means it’ll also be possible to select a different dish on board if you change your mind, depending on availability.
While I’ve certainly experienced issues getting my first pick on US-based carriers, I haven’t had any trouble when flying business class or Suites on Singapore. Still, when it comes to certain entree choices — such as a Japanese or Korean meal on flights to or from those markets — pre-ordering can deliver the peace of mind that you’re certain to get exactly what you want.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees