Yellowstone Tourist Uses Old Faithful as a Urinal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When ya gotta go, ya gotta go… Just not in Old Faithful, please. In another case of tourists behaving badly, a Colorado man was arrested after urinating in the famous Old Faithful geyser in Yellowstone National Park.
Gabriel Villalva, 27, left hundreds of tourists speechless when he walked off the boardwalk up to Old Faithful, urinated into it and then laid down and put his head directly inside. Luckily for Villalva, his face (and other body parts) weren’t scalded by the near-boiling water and steam that erupts from the geyser.
Authorities later caught up with Villalva in the parking lot, where he refused to cooperate. He reportedly started singing and smoking a cigarette in defiance until he was threatened with a taser gun. Villalva was charged with disorderly conduct, walking off-trail in a thermal area and two counts of interfering with an agency function. These aren’t unusual charges for the man, considering he had been arrested for disorderly conduct twice earlier this year and once back in 2016.
A Yellowstone park ranger can be heard yelling at the man, demanding that he return to the boardwalk in a video posted to YouTube. (Editor’s note: viewer discretion is advised.)
Featured image by William Campbell / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees