Yellowstone Tourist Uses Old Faithful as a Urinal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When ya gotta go, ya gotta go… Just not in Old Faithful, please. In another case of tourists behaving badly, a Colorado man was arrested after urinating in the famous Old Faithful geyser in Yellowstone National Park.
Gabriel Villalva, 27, left hundreds of tourists speechless when he walked off the boardwalk up to Old Faithful, urinated into it and then laid down and put his head directly inside. Luckily for Villalva, his face (and other body parts) weren’t scalded by the near-boiling water and steam that erupts from the geyser.
Authorities later caught up with Villalva in the parking lot, where he refused to cooperate. He reportedly started singing and smoking a cigarette in defiance until he was threatened with a taser gun. Villalva was charged with disorderly conduct, walking off-trail in a thermal area and two counts of interfering with an agency function. These aren’t unusual charges for the man, considering he had been arrested for disorderly conduct twice earlier this year and once back in 2016.
A Yellowstone park ranger can be heard yelling at the man, demanding that he return to the boardwalk in a video posted to YouTube. (Editor’s note: viewer discretion is advised.)
Featured image by William Campbell / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.